“Clean and comfortable stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus West - Hilliard
Ranked #36 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
A TripAdvisor Member
“Clean and comfortable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

What a great service. Friendly staff and effective new management. I stayed at this location 3 times a year. Renovation was being done by new management that was really impressive.
Will be back. Very convenient location and lots of restaurant with in walk in distance.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

I am a loyal LQ patron because of average pricing and their excellent rewards program. We stayed here three weeks ago on our way to Indiana and then last night again on our way home. The customer service was good. The front desk guy remembered me which was a personal touch I appreciated.

When we called before arriving the lowest rate they would give me was $124. I used the LQ app on my phone and ended up getting a suite for $103 which was a pleasant savings. A drawback was there was a coupon for $70 in the Hotel Coupon books but the hotel would not honor it. I was very disappointed and there was no talking them into accepting it - trust me, I tried!!!

The shower curtain rod was hanging low and therefore the curtain could not stay open. I informed the front desk on check out and so I hope that will get fixed.

Overall it was a good stay. A little pricey. We will probably be needing to stay there again in a month so if the price is right I will make a reservation. It's a reliable property.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Hamilton, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

We recently booked this hotel on a group rate for our daughter's soccer team. We blocked and used 15 rooms and got a great price. The facility was clean, but in need of some updates. Rooms were average to above average, but seemed old.

Location was excellent as only 1.5 miles from our fields and had plenty of dining and shopping options nearby.

Service was an issue. I understand the concern of 15 twelve to 13 year old girls running around, but our girls are generally well behaved. The hotel staff/manager seemed to overly attentive to watching the many cameras around the building, almost to the point of being creepy.

The breakfast was definitely not up to par compared with other hotels offering this benefit. They had two waffle makers, but otherwise only offered cereal, bagels, toast and slightly stale danishes. Fresh fruit was limited at best. This amenity was below average at best.

We tried to use the breakfast dining area for a group meeting place to order pizza and sit around and talk, but told that it was frowned upon and no alcohol was allowed in the area. This was a first for us after many traveling tournaments in which we have participated. Again, it would be more understandable if the hotel was full or a lot of other guests around, but we seemed to be the majority of visitors over the weekend.

Overall, I would classify the desk attendants as unfriendly and not overly helpful. Cleaning staff were friendly.

This hotel may be good for a small family or couples, but is definitely not group friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

This is one of the best La Quinta Inn's we have stayed in. I cannot give enough praise for the entire staff of this hotel. They are very friendly and very helpful. They are willing to get you anything you need at any time of the day or night.

The hotel could use some small fixes - but overall it was an incredible experience!

This hotel has a nice (but small) pool area for the kids. There is plenty to do in Columbus and you are about 20 - 30 minutes from everything. There is a restaurant right next to the hotel as well as a Walmart and other food & retail establishments.

My Daughter's and I stayed for 3 nights for the Rock on the Range concert and the staff made sure we were comfortable after our long days.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

A really nice place to stay! Easy to locate off the highway, friendly staff, clean rooms with nice furnishings, soooooo much better than the 'resort' I stayed at in Wisconsin. The fact that LQ is dog friendly is AWESOME. I stayed one night here on my way to Wisconsin and one night on the way back. I had a king bed in my room on the return trip, it was EXTREMELY comfortable! I have back issues and most beds create pain in my body within minutes, I slept soundly til my dogs woke me the next morning. I was close to the vending machines but never heard a thing. Culvers next door was nice too, never been there, still have not tried the frozen custard as the burger and cheese curds filled me up. The breakfast at LQ was quite nice, love the waffles! This brings me to the one MINOR ding, I advised the young woman at the front desk that the waffle batter was thin and runny. She said it must be getting low and she would look into it. About 10-15 minutes passed, she was still sitting. I asked her about it, she then immediately had the batter replenished.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Columbus, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Lower class, older La Quinta Inn. Rooms are acceptable, service is fine. Hard to find, mixed in with about 12 other hotels at an extremely busy intersection. If you need to stay on the west side of Columbus, then this is a good location. Pet friendly. Back staircase smells. Can be loud on weekends. Ask for a room in the middle of the building, away from the elevator and stair wells, and the laundry room on the first floor. Morning breakfast one of the worst I've seen, very humble.

• Stayed May 2013
O'fallon, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Reading some of the previous reviews I think this hotel must have undergone a renovation. My room had brand new mattresses and the bathroom had bamboo flooring and granite countertops. I traveled with a dog to a seminar in Pennysylvania and was completely comfortable walking around the area after dark. It is right next to a Culver's fast food restaurant with plenty of shopping around. My two disappointments were that I asked for a Bible and the clerk at the front desk said that they no longer carried them, and the breakfast bar was just okay, not great. If I ever travel to Columbus again I would def stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room since they have taller ceilings and ask for a room on the fast food resta...