“Relocating to Ohio and truck wasn't here yet... Had to stay 2 nights at the Laquinta”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus West - Hilliard
Ranked #35 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio, USA
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Awesome! I had stayed several years ago in a Laquinta in Birmingham for business and was pleased. We are in the midst of a corporate relocation with my family and arrived before the truck... We needed a night stay at the last minute... And it was about to snow. We were getting bambozzled with prices. We called the Laquinta and got terrific service, awesome prices and the room was perfect for a family of four.
Had a sitting area, refrigerator

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We were in town for the Buckeyes game this time. We got our keys and the room was not ready, but the housekeeper was nice and finished quickly; we were admittedly there prior to the official check in time. We bought some OSU gear at the Marshalls across the street prior to the game and grabbed FiveGuys burgers after. I noticed the property has some fresh paint and a new place to buy food and drink. I like this one for the price.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2013

The hotel was nice and clean for the most part. The complimentary breakfast was nice. What i didn't like was my room was not clean for two days. I had to call front desk to bring new towels and bedding because housekeeping didn't bother cleaning the room. I didn't leave the room until after 12 sometimes by 2 but that doesn't mean the room shouldn't be clean just because i didn't leave at a certain time?!! when I left I made sure the do not disturb sign was taken off and personally told housekeeping that the room needs to be clean and she still didn't clean it so by the second night I called front desk told them what happen and they said it wasn't clean because the "Do not disturb sign was out" That was a lie because i made sure to remove it, I felt she just didn't want to because she was done cleaning in the area I was staying anyway I asked to be put in a new room and they were able to accommodate me. Other than that the hotel staff was nice and courteous, the room itself was nice and clean i just didn't appreciate my room not being clean for two days.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus West - Hilliard while we attended a conference downtown and left satisfied. This is a no frills hotel as we expected. If I had to log a complaint, the only one I could think of would be the breakfast offerings. Personally, I like more than just waffles and danish. The location is pretty good with a Wal-Mart and other discount stores across the street along with some chain restaurants.

Would I choose to stay here again? Maybe.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2013

okay so we walk into the lobby around 7 pm to the smell of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, smells like home, we helped ourselves and asked for a good place to eat Italian, across the street is Walmart and many resturantes, we decided drive through Italian OMG the sampler is enough for 2 people, so fresh and tasty.

Room Tip: the room we had was on the ground floor as our St. Bernard is a little scared of stairs.Very nice qu...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed in Columbus to see Norman Reedus at the Greater Columbus Convention Center (YAY!) We spent 2 nights here and enjoyed our stay. The room was very clean, and straightened up when we came back in for the evening. Great location lots of eateries and shopping near by. I would recommend LaQuinta to friends and family

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Columbus, Ohio, USA
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This hotel raise standard up significantly with room size, courteous staff, very attractive location and lots of restaurants near by. I stayed here three times now and experienced improvement of hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo