“Great Beds-Clean Rooms-Friendly Staff!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus West - Hilliard
Ranked #38 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
“Great Beds-Clean Rooms-Friendly Staff!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

I expected simple middle of the road hotel/motel; but the check-in staff and process was great and I was completely in awe of the place as it exceeded my expectations. We arrived late in the middle of the night the staff greeted us with a wonderful smile and made check-in very easy; once we arrived to the room we were surprised with two of the most comfortable hotel beds of our trip and a very clean room. The room was surprisingly spacious and comfortable. Great Stay!

Room Tip: 3rd Floor was great!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Hilliard, just west of Columbus, is a great stopping point for my wife and I when we drive between Baltimore and Milwaukee. This time we found La Quinta (on TA) and decided to give it a try. The gent at reception had a dry friendly humor, and we were greeted by a cockatoo as we started down the hall. The room was spacious, the bed comfortable. It is close to some decent restaurants, such as Average Joe's where we had some pretty good wings, salads and craft beers. I wish we had read the signs for breakfast, in that we missed most of it. That's my one quip: 9 am (during the week) is much too early to stop serving breakfast, especially for travelers. It is served til 10 on weekends. I would recommend 10 and 11 respectively. Overall, we liked it enough and will probably stop there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I expected "run-of-the-mill" when checking in, but was pleasantly surprised. My room was very clean & comfortable, 2 beds plus sitting area. Pool & exercise room in good shape, snack bar, and a nice area for breakfast (waffles and all-day coffee/hot chocolate are a plus!)...stay here. Every kind of store & restaurant right out the door. Oh, and VERY pet friendly!

1 Thank Deutschmann
Okinawa, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This place was the cleanest dog friendly place I have ever seen. They do not charge extra for your pet. If you did not see an occasional animal, you would have never known this place had animals. The staff were helpful (even at 3am). The room was great and had no odor. I would only say that the breakfast needed more coffee as they were out, and later hours as it was over at 9am. For someone on vacation, I would think that they may want to get up late. There was room service available, however it is expensive and there are many places to eat in the area. They do have a rewards program for those who travel often.
This hotel is very close to Walmart and other stores in the area for those who may need supplies. During my stay, the main street was under construction.

Room Tip: They have 3 floors with one elevator. If you have AAA you may get about $5 off.
Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

La Quinta's happen to be one of our favorite motels to stay at. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, big rooms ,friendly staff, what more could you ask for. And we love having those bonus points add up to a free night.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Columbus, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Hotel and staff were excellent. Staff greeted me promptly and was helpful with directions and fixing any issues. Hotel was clean and room was easy to access. Elevator size was good to fit my bike (important to me since I take my bike with me for many of my trips).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I have pets and was surprised how they were welcomed! The rooms were super clean and comfortable! The check-in was friendly and hospitable! A wonderful experience. Breakfast was good. An overall great experience that will have me be a repeat customer

• Stayed August 2014