“Great place before a home Buckey game”
Review of The Blackwell

The Blackwell
Ranked #4 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

The lobby of this hotel turns into a tailgate party before OSU home games. It has two bars a gift shop and the team stays there the night before all home games so you might see a player or two.Right before the game the whole team walks out of the hotel together to the skull session!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Awesome hotel...Very friendly staff...Great food...The hotel is in a classic location, and while I was there for business, it's always awesome to have a window view of The Horseshoe!! It's a little pricey, but even if I come back down for pleasure I'll stay there. It's the best spot on/near campus in my opinion.

Room Tip: If you are an OSU Football fan, ask for a room with a view of the stadium!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The Blackwell was one of the nicest hotels with excellent caring employees. My daughter and I stayed for a week to be close to the St. James Cancer center where a loved one had surgery. The shuttle service was much appreciated and the employees were very caring and accomodating. I would definitely recommend The Blackwell. It is the only place I would stay in Columbus.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We had our wedding at The Blackwell in October 2013 and it was great! Everything was professionally done, the food was great, and the rooms were amazing. Rachel, the wedding coordinator for The Blackwell, is awesome. She always responded quickly to my multitude of emails and questions and was very accommodating. Everything went so smoothly!

It's on campus of Ohio State and from some rooms you can see the stadium.

Room Tip: If you want the high end of rooms, the Presidential Suite on the 7th floor is amazing! Small kitchen...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We were only in this hotel for one night and had to leave at 5:30am in the morning but the little time we were there was nice. With concern for valet not being available so early we spoke with the desk who agreed that yes they were not working that early but promised to have our car up front waiting for us at 5:30. When we looked down at 5:20 it was there, ready and waiting. Room service was quick, tasty and pleasant and the view of the OSU horseshoe from our window was great! Close to OSU Medical Center and everything on the campus .

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank JenniferH1023
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My experience at the Blackwell hotel was excellent. I really enjoyed my stay while visiting my daughter at OSU. The staff was very helpful, efficient and cordial. I do plan on staying here again. It was a great experience and I loved the location.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 10 October 2013

For a conference, spent 2 nights at the Blackwell. It was wonderful. The room was nicely outfitted, they had nice amenities, and the staff were all super helpful and friendly. It was conveniently located on the OSU campus. The Bistro downstairs was wonderful, and all of the staff there was friendly and helpful as well, even though our late flight in meant that we were their last customers and kept them there a few minutes past closing. I would definitely stay here again. This was the first hotel I've every stayed in which offered nightly ice-bucket filling and towel replenishment in the evening.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business