“Clean, courteous, easy”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport
Ranked #24 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was a no-brainer easy in and easy out motel. Everything was clean and neat, quiet and nice. Only issue was with room A/C, which would not work like I thought it should and was hard to properly set for the temp I wanted -- a minor inconvenience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Cara R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for your review Bryan. I am happy to hear you had a good stay with us! I am sorry the AC unit was an issue, minor at that, but still an inconvenience. Hopefully next time you are in Columbus you will choose us again and we can assit you in any AC issues you may have.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Very clean. Personable & Professional staff. Pleasant surroundings from the front door to your room. A high degree of care and energy placed on customer service. For a hotel located at the airport, noise generated by the airport was never an issue. All guests were treated with a great deal of care and respect. Your needs were anticipated, which again for a hotel located at an airport, is rare, if not unheard of. I would recommend this hotel location to anyone. The demeanor of the hotel staff should be used as an example for other Hilton hotel locations.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Amy D, Guest Services at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Wow. Thanks for your excellent review! We strive for superior customer service and it feels great to be recognised for it by a satisfied guest. Your willingness to recomend us speaks volumes. We look forward to serving you next time!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My friend and I booked this hotel only because our first choice, Embassy Suites, was full. We reserved a regular room with intentions of leaving our car at the hotel while we were on our trip. We were NOT informed until we were trying to take the shuttle to the airport at 4:30 am that there is a specific type of reservation that allows you to leave your car in their lot. Not only were we NOT allowed to pay more to leave our car there, the hotel front desk clerk literally chased us down in the parking lot to tell us we couldn't stay parked there. Why, at the time of check in, would we ask where to park and what time the shuttle runs if we weren't intending on leaving our car there? Then, not only did the clerk chase us down, he denied that he was at the desk when we checked in, which he most definitely was because he told us what time the airport gates opened. Also, the hotel is hard to get to and the roads around it are confusing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
paul_marcum3, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear MissCari,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn - Columbus Airport. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the miscommunication you experienced with our staff in regards to our parking policies. I have addressed this issue with our staff. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you if your travels bring you back to the Columbus, OH area.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

OK if you like staying next to airport runway. Hard to get to. Roads not clearly marked. Restaurant does not open for lunch. Could not get room service. Staff lets loud parties go on at 3am in the morning. Hard to sleep with so much noise. Group was told free breakfast, was charged full price, had to call director to receive a comp. breakfast, and that was only cold food, you had to pay for upgrade.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
paul_marcum3, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Judy J,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I’m so sorry you experienced some noise issues during your stay. We work diligently with our staff to ensure each of our guests are respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay and special event. We regret you experienced a noise level that made your stay unpleasant and we are actively working on making sure that doesn’t happen again. I understand that you were unhappy with some of the breakfast charges. I apologize if the charges were not clear when you booked the room. We strive to personalize each guest's experience and keep costs affordable in doing so. Thank you again for your review; we will use your comments to keep improving our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I've spent a lot of time at airport hotels, but I was shocked at how quiet the rooms were, despite being a stones throw away from one of the busiest runway's around town. I will admit that I didn't interact much with the amenities, but everything in the room was in tip top shape. Add in a very reasonable rate, and I wouldn't hesitate to go back. Not a big fan of having to pay $9.99 for breakfast though, but it beats Bob Evans (on price ALONE).

Room Tip: The lower the number, the further away you are from the runway, but you're also further away fro...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Amy D, Guest services at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thanks for your awesome review! We are so lucky to have a quiet hotel in such an excellent location. In terms of breakfast, there is a bed and breakfast rate available which makes breakfast with your stay far more economical when you have more than one guest per room.
Thanks Again!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Comfortable, friendly, efficient accommodations super convenient to Columbus airport. The staff are extremely helpful, and with great shuttle service to the airport, it makes it very convenient to return rental car in the evening for an early flight out the next day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
paul_marcum3, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear B3246CXpeterm,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn - Columbus Airport from your recent stay. We are glad that your stay with us was an enjoyable experience and exceeded your expectations. We will make sure to share your review with the hotel's team members as they enjoy hearing feedback from our guest's visits.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving your lodging needs when visiting the Columbus area again.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

My experience at this Hilton Garden Inn was exceptional. The staff was wonderful, the room was beautiful and in excellent shape, and the 4-day meeting I put on went perfectly. It was a pleasure to work with such a great staff, including Brenda and Dyanne, and my attendees at the workshop were very happy, as well as me. It's rare that I am able to rave about a hotel; most of them want to nickel and dime you to death and if something goes wrong, they do what I HATE. They say, "I'm sorry." Don't be sorry. Take responsibility and do something about it. I loved how this hotel handled a minor problem. Wish I could go back! (no trips planned in this area in the near future)

Room Tip: I think all the rooms were good. It is in the airport and you could not hear any planes during the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Anita P,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Garden Inn - Columbus Airport. We are happy that you chose the hotel to serve both your meeting and lodging needs. We have just completed our guest room and bathroom renovations and are glad that you found the rooms to your liking. I will make sure to share your review with all of our team members and again we appreciate your business.