“Mom/Daughter Dinner”
Review of 89 Fish & Grill - CLOSED

89 Fish & Grill
Price range: US$16 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Nationwide Blvd. / High St.
Transit: There is a Taxi Station across the street from the restaurant.
Description: 89 Fish & Grill uses only the freshest seafood, meats, dairy and produce available. Our menu is prepared daily in our scratch kitchen with an emphasis on locally sourced ingredients. At the bar we offer hand crafted cocktails with fresh squeezed juices, micro brewed beers, & a wonderful wine selection from around the world.
Columbus, Ohio
“Mom/Daughter Dinner”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Dined Friday 2/17 at 5:00. We went early to avoid crowds. Evening valet was great. Nice ambiance, pretty windows and it didn't smell like fish, even though it's a fish restaurant! Hope it can stay that way for the non-fish lovers. Our waiter, Adrian, was very attentive. Wait staff went over and above, assisting ALL tables with clearing and filling glasses, even if they weren't theirs. We very much enjoyed our fish. However, the restaurant seemed to be working out new restaurant glitches. Time between courses was slow and the pretty mashed potatoes were room temperature, as if they plated them early and then waited for the fish to cook. Maybe need a better warming light? Mom's in a wheelchair and the handicapped access was frustrating. From valet spot had to push mom up inclined sidewalk along alley and then ask employee going in side employee entrance to find owner of car blocking access gate to sidewalk in front of restaurant and then wait for another employee to move car. Upon leaving, car had been reparked so as to allow the gate to open, but the car was so close to another car mom's wheelchair barely made it through. Seems like this area should be designated "No Parking" if it is the handicapped access.

Visited February 2012

dayton ohio
“Food is good -- service needs to improve unless you have time to wait”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This restaurant has been opened for about 3 weeks so it is normal to have some kinks. I was joined by some friends and I don't like being rushed at dinner, but the service was slow so keep that in mind if you have a limited time to eat. With that said, the food was very good and, because of that, I will be returning. The staff was also friendly. Once they work on the timing issues, this will be a top-notch restaurant, in my opinion.

Visited February 2012
Tennessee
“Good Seafood in Columbus!”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I travel into Columbus almost weekly with work and typically head to the Short North area for dinner. 89 Fish and Grill had only been open three weeks when I visited and I was quite impressed. I got grilled mahi mahi and oysters on the half shell, both good. I ate at the bar and the bartender was very helpful with the menu and was friendly. Nice atmosphere as well.

2 Thank climbtosafety
“If they just opened...give them a chance to get up and running.”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Waitress was good. If this place just opened, they need some time to get better in the kitchen. We waited well over an hour for the food. Other tables were simply leaving. I wish we had followed their lead. We would have given up if every other spot near our hotel wasn't packed. Not worth the wait in any way. My meal was tolerable. My wife's was terrible. No sending it back as we did not want to wait another hour. Again our server was good. However, no one acknowledged the wait much less tried to rectify the situation. I think this place may have potential; however they need time to get there. Give them some time and see so that you do not have the same experience we did.

Chelsea F, Owner at 89 Fish & Grill, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
We are very sorry for your less-than-delightful experience. We opened less than two weeks ago and are still trying to iron out any kinks we are having. Please come back again and we guarantee that you will have a better experience and meal!
Cleveland, Ohio
“Not your average Irish Bar”
Reviewed 28 October 2011

We were in town for an evening and stumbled into this place. The atmosphere was fantastic with live guitar music. We were ready for standard bar food but was pleasantly surprised by a very nicely laid out menu and very well prepared quasi gourmet food. The staff was very helpful and recommended a few of their specialties. All in all a very pleasant experience and I would add this to my stop back for a meal list when in town list.