“great drinks and food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 89 Fish & Grill - CLOSED

89 Fish & Grill
Price range: US$16 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Nationwide Blvd. / High St.
Transit: There is a Taxi Station across the street from the restaurant.
Description: 89 Fish & Grill uses only the freshest seafood, meats, dairy and produce available. Our menu is prepared daily in our scratch kitchen with an emphasis on locally sourced ingredients. At the bar we offer hand crafted cocktails with fresh squeezed juices, micro brewed beers, & a wonderful wine selection from around the world.
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“great drinks and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

I recently wrote the review "good food and atmosphere" posted on 1-25-14. Near the end of my review, I meant to write "the bartender definitely DID NOT scimp on the liquor in the drinks". Instead it came out erroneously as "the bartender definitely scimp on the liquor"...please disregard that. The drinks really were perfect and a good time was had by all in our party of six. We all agreed we will return again in the very near future and will recommend this place to other friends.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank June H

Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Good food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed 89 Fish and Grill for the first time yesterday (1-24-14) during Restaurant Week. My husband and I along with 2 other couples enjoyed the drinks,food and deserts. I had the Pear salad, crab crusted tilapia dinner and bailey's Creme brûlée desert. My husband who is very particular about his steaks, had the New England seafood chowder, filet mignon and 89 truffle torte. My husband loved the steak so much, he wanted to order another. Everyone in our party agreed that from the drinks, salad,soup, tilapia, seas scallops and filet mignon, to the deserts, every dish was delicious and perfectly cooked. The drinks also were perfect...the bartender definitely skimp on the liquor! We all agreed we will definitely return again and soon!!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank June H
Lexington, Ohio
“awesome food and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband and I went for our anniversary and was so impressed with the staff,,, and food.
They treated us fantastic and we enjoyed the food and atmosphere.
I had the scallops and my husband had the tilipia... both dishes were so good!!

• Visited January 2014
Weatherford, Texas
“Fresh seafood in the Midwest ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Mussels are great , crab crusted tilapia super . Friendly staff , right across from the convention center . Reasonable prices . Good wine list . A sure thing .

Annapolis, Maryland
“Fresh seafood in Columbus!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

We were a bit skeptical about fresh seafood being available in Columbus, being spoiled by our homes' proximity to the Chesapeake Bay and the Canadian Maritimes. However, we were pleasantly surprised! The oysters were plump and fresh and the mixed plate permitted direct comparison between Bay oysters & those from the Pacific. The Bays were, of course, our preference although the westerners were also tasty but with a sharper flavor. My granddaughter loves calamari and I had to agree with her that it was cooked to perfection. But it was the oysters Rockefeller that was the hit with everyone, including my grandson having his 'first experience'. They were Bay oysters and served right out of the oven. Three of us had the ciopinno, a wonderful mix of mussels, shrimp, scallop, chunks of salmon and a firm white fish in a spicy tomato sauce which I thought was a bit salty but the others disagreed with me. Our other adult raved about the Arctic char. The children said the corn dog and steak with fries to be very tasty. The only 'downer' was my glass of a premium Pinot Grigio ($11) which was not fresh and had partly oxidized. When I ordered a second, but fresh, glass of wine it was very nice and clearly from a freshly opened bottle; I was pleased to note, however, that I was not billed for the first glass. A return visit will be in order to see if the impressive list of 'simply grilled' fish were as fresh and well prepared.

Visited December 2013