“First time and not the last. ”
Review of 89 Fish & Grill - CLOSED

89 Fish & Grill
Price range: US$16 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Nationwide Blvd. / High St.
Transit: There is a Taxi Station across the street from the restaurant.
Description: 89 Fish & Grill uses only the freshest seafood, meats, dairy and produce available. Our menu is prepared daily in our scratch kitchen with an emphasis on locally sourced ingredients. At the bar we offer hand crafted cocktails with fresh squeezed juices, micro brewed beers, & a wonderful wine selection from around the world.
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have traveled the country and abroad and have experienced many different qualities of food and service. The 89 Fish & Grill was excellent. If you are an uptight person this won't be for you. The atmosphere is casual and relaxed and the staff is friendly. We both had 89 salads, and their signature salmon dish. Everything was prepared well, served piping hot, and timely. Complimentary valet service is a no brainer being down town and was great. We will be back and will recommend to our friends and family.

2  Thank akinney9

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Located in what appears to be a restored brick warehouse, we again had very good service but a mixed experience with the food.

We arrived near the end of happy hour but had time to sample their $5 (usually $10) 'Native Savior hand crafted cocktail. At $5 the price was fair, and the flavors of this honey-accented Vodka drink was truly something special (surprisingly similar to a honey-based happy hour drink found at the Beekeeper in Oak Harbor, Ohio (that establishment usually open only weekends).

The oyster slider was perfect - except the happy hour menu advertised "$4 Fried Oyster sliderS - that's with an s at the end - but our order had only one of the tasty treats on a very fresh bun. The fresh swordfish was cooked perfectly to order (med-rare, which is often not an option 'allowed' in many northern establishments for swordfish), nicely sized and very fresh mashed potatoes with excellent flavor.

Dessert was also good, with one of our party receiving a huge slice of perfectly flavored apple-sorghum stake cake, but another disappointed by the small size and a bit too cool (right from the refrigerator) rich vanilla-caramel custard with an exceptionally flavorful hint of coffee.

Four rather than 5 rating due to some items' small portion size, and prices in the $20-$30+ range (salad not included) that are just barely worth it for an above average quality dining experience.

2  Thank Placefinder
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I recently wrote the review "good food and atmosphere" posted on 1-25-14. Near the end of my review, I meant to write "the bartender definitely DID NOT scimp on the liquor in the drinks". Instead it came out erroneously as "the bartender definitely scimp on the liquor"...please disregard that. The drinks really were perfect and a good time was had by all in our party of six. We all agreed we will return again in the very near future and will recommend this place to other friends.

1  Thank June H
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Enjoyed 89 Fish and Grill for the first time yesterday (1-24-14) during Restaurant Week. My husband and I along with 2 other couples enjoyed the drinks,food and deserts. I had the Pear salad, crab crusted tilapia dinner and bailey's Creme brûlée desert. My husband who is very particular about his steaks, had the New England seafood chowder, filet mignon and 89 truffle torte. My husband loved the steak so much, he wanted to order another. Everyone in our party agreed that from the drinks, salad,soup, tilapia, seas scallops and filet mignon, to the deserts, every dish was delicious and perfectly cooked. The drinks also were perfect...the bartender definitely skimp on the liquor! We all agreed we will definitely return again and soon!!

1  Thank June H
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband and I went for our anniversary and was so impressed with the staff,,, and food.
They treated us fantastic and we enjoyed the food and atmosphere.
I had the scallops and my husband had the tilipia... both dishes were so good!!