“Lunch: Quick and Good”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We often dine at the Chicago location beneath the Hancock building and we are used to a crowd--and a long wait. On this Friday the place was almost empty near the beginning of the lunch hour. We ordered from the low calorie menu and I had a turkey and avocado sandwich with mixed green side salad. I was very satisfied. I substituted Dijon mustard for the mayo to further cut a few calories. Service was quick and prices reasonable--except maybe $3 for an iced tea. Oh well.

There are newer reviews for The Cheesecake Factory

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I am visiting from the UK and have always meant to visit the Cheesecake factory (I am a fan of Big Bang Theory!!). This time I managed it and it was a great experience. I chose to sit at the bar and the bar staff were great, very friendly and chatty. There was some big basketball news on the TV's (sorry guys, it's slipped my mind!) and they were good enough to explain all about it to me. The food was great as well, particularly the Cheesecake (well you would have expected that!!)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I'd never been to a Cheesecake Factory before, partly because I'd always been under the impression that they were a very pricey place to eat. When the rest of the family wanted to go, I agreed and I'm glad I did.

As it turns out, the menu is HUGE and offers everything from appetizers to inexpensive sandwich options to high end dishes. I had a pulled pork sandwich and fries that I'd stack up against any BBQ joint out there. The rest of our group had cheesecake for desert. Plan to share a slice with at least one other person because these slices were enormous.

The atmosphere was exceptional, the wait staff outstanding and the location was great. Hard to beat that in a restaurant.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This group needs to train its host/greeter staff to be welcoming and helpful, not incompetent and hostile.

We arrived hungry for a late lunch and, in this almost empty place, asked to be served promptly. Between them the host/greeter and server managed to be so slow as to be intensely irritating.

The pot stickers first course eventually arrived and was very good. The main courses were delayed because of a kitchen error in cooking the chicken for the Thai lettuce wraps. Who knows how ghastly a job had been done as when thevdishvwascserved it was explained that more chicken pieces were in preparation and would be brought over. But the chicken that was served and the later pieces were not just grilled but were partly cremated, so badly burnt were they.

Although a manager tried to recover the situation, it was doomed. Overall then, this was dire and does not even merit Poor -it was terrible.

1  Thank David G
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We started with a Red Raspberry Martini, great. Then bread, and Shepherd Pie, new dish for me, unbelievable. Could not eat it all, but could not leave without straw. cheesecake. Saved it for later, great.