While the location is good---good walking distance to Short North and Arena District, the hotel itself is average. While the room was clean and beds were fairly comfortable, the toiletries were nothing to write home about. The shampoo, conditioner, and "soap" were all located in dispensable containers attached to the shower wall. The quality of these products was extremely poor and I had to go out and buy all my own soap, shampoo, etc b/c what was offered was disgusting and poor quality. The scent of the soap and shampoo was gross and the consistency was very watered-down---pretty sure it would not have gotten me too clean! They also did not offer any lotion, which I value when travelling. To me, toiletries can really make or break a hotel---I value quality products and expect my hotels (especially downtown hotels) to offer quality products. I do not like packing bottles and bottles of my own products when quality options should be available. There was a bar of hand soap at the sink, which was ok in quality (better than what was dispensed in the shower) however it was very small and did not last long. I went down to the front desk on my second night to ask for another bar of soap, and after the woman at the front desk searched for one, she said someone would bring one to my room. A phone call to the front desk and a 40 minute wait and I finally got another bar of soap. That was annoying.
Also of note, the hairdryer in my room did not work and I had to go down to the front desk to get another one. I also needed a first aid item that they did not have at the front desk, but instead of telling me what local stores may be open, they told me to wait until the morning and walk to the convention center.
The "complimentary" snacks and breakfast did not look appetizing and there were no healthy options, just fried food. Fresh fruits or vegetables or some granola bars would have been nice.
On the positive side, the workout room, although standard, was pretty good---5 cardio machines and free weights. They could use some cleaner in there though to spray off the machines. The pool looked acceptable, although I did not use it. The staff was friendly, but no customer service that blew me out of the water.
In short, there are several other downtown hotels that I would book before this one. I doubt I will stay with them again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests of Drury Inn & Suites in downtown Columbus have easy access to the Greater Columbus Convention Center through an adjoining walkway. The hotel is close to other downtown attractions like the Short North Arts District and The Ohio State University. Shopping at North Market or catching a game in the Arena district is just a short walk away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Drury Hotels Company, LLC and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Hotel Columbus
- Drury Inn And Suites Columbus Convention Center
- Drury Inn Columbus
- Drury Inn Hotel Columbus
- Drury Columbus
- Columbus Drury
- Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center Ohio