“Eh. Ok i guess. Customer service much better than maid service.”

Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Enon, Ohio
“Eh. Ok i guess. Customer service much better than maid service.”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Ok first thing. The location in town? Amazing. Right in the middle of everything. The location driving wise? Suck. You cant get to the parking garage until you check in but there isnt anywhere to park WHILE checking in except under the overhang. With about 15 other cars. And where is this convenient overhang? AT the entrance/exit of the garage. So you have to park, check in, pull out and back around the cars that were behind you to get into the garage while battling those trying to get out of it. Check in? Michael was amazing. Quick, efficient, and nice. The 530 included dinner service was crowded and loud. It was hot dogs, potatoes, and mac and cheese. The room was decent enough for what you pay. Small fridge and microwave. Plenty of plugs EVERYWHERE. The problems i have are with little nit picky things. I feel that if youre spending a good amount for a room, it should be up to standards but because im not one to make a fuss? I didnt complain or switch rooms. I put pictures up so you can see too. The towels were threadbare and there was a mystery stain on the sheet. Now, i know theyre cleaned. We just didnt use that sheet. But i feel like if the maids CAN CLEARLY SEE IT there, why use it to make a bed? Bleach it or throw it away. Breakfast was your average complimentary breakfast. Overall? For what i paid i expected a little better quality and attention to detail, but it wasnt any better or worse than any other average hotel ive stayed at before. Except for the quick check in with the friendly front desk man, Michael

• Stayed March 2014
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I appreciate the feedback so that we can make things better for the future. I apologize that your stay was not any better than “Ok.”

After reading your comments, I don’t know that I would feel any different about what you encountered. There is no excuse for the housekeeping issues you experienced. We just plain didn’t do our job right. However, comments and pictures like yours have already helped us to improve our overall guest service and attention to detail. As well, while crowds are a normal part of what we do, it sounds like we have some room to improve with our parking.

In the future, please contact the front desk if you encounter any issues during your stay. I am the first to admit that we are going to make a mistake ever so often, but I would like to make sure we can remedy any mistakes we make. Whether it be the cleanliness of your room or a remote control that doesn’t seem to be working, we will do everything in our power to fix it. If we can’t, we don’t expect you to pay for that night's stay. It’s that simple. My goal is that nobody leaves the hotel unsatisfied with their stay.

Thank you again for your time and please don’t hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance to you.

Hospitably,
Scott Bosak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Drury Downtown Columbus was an excellent value! The rooms were clean and comfortable, the food at breakfast and the evening reception was good and the free drinks were great! The front desk staff was friendly and helpful and as I was traveling alone, I felt the building was adequately secure. My only "complaint" was the pet policy. I was unaware that the hotel allowed pets, and while I'm sure this is a lucrative draw, I did not enjoy the contact with the two large dogs that a fellow traveller had in her room. I encountered them going to my room and the dogs both barked loudly and tried to lunge toward me. The owner was able to hold them back but for the duration of my stay, I was apprehensive about an encounter with the animals. Additionally they would bark when anyone walked down the hall past the room. I would suggest that Drury consider not allowing large dogs. I would stay again but request a room far away from anyone with animals.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Kamiikia
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. Whether you had a great stay, or found some things that we can fix to make your next stay even better, we always appreciate feedback from our guests... that's how we get better! Thank you for your comments about our pet policy. Our new pet policy is designed to provide guidelines for our guests who choose to bring pets while not impacting the experience of our other guests. I am sorry to hear that your stay was impacted by pets staying with other guests. In the future, please contact the front desk or a member of management if you encounter a scenario like you described in your review. That way we can address the issue and hopefully prevent it from impacting the rest of your visit.

Thank you for choosing Drury... we look forward to hosting you for another stay in the future!

Hospitably,
Scott B.
Dearborn
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We had a 2 room king bed suite in the corner. It was nice to be able to spread out. We had a tournament in the convention center and very easy access. The location could not be beat. This was our first stay in a Drury we usually stay at Marriotts or Holiday Inn. The breakfast was typical - eggs, potatoes, biscuits/gravy, waffles, oatmeal. Nothing exciting or different from Fairfield or Holiday Inn Express. There is an evening reception as well - we had hot dogs, mac and cheese, and salad also free alcohol. Since the hotel was packed it was busy. I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank kaylasmom97
ohio
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have stayed here twice and will probably stay again. My last stay was in a suite that was spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was good, and it is always great to start your night out with some free drinks, three per person. The location is good for walking to Arena district bars and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
southern ontario
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Great location! Hotel is clean and nicely decorated. Steps into the Convention Center. Offers such as breakfast included, managers snacks and drinks in the evening, pool and storage rooms make this the place to stay when in Columbus downtown. Steps to the Market as well. Great stay.

Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed 12 February 2014

As my family traveled from SC to TX Meridian was our half way point. I was extremely pleased to find a decent priced hotel that allows pets. We also got a military discount which is great!! The rooms were clean and very nice! Comfortable beds and overall nice room set up. The breakfast was delicious and a lot to chose from. I would highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again if ever traveling that way. The staff was very friendly and it was easy to get to off the exit!

Jackson, Ohio
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This Drury Inn has easy access to the Convention Center and unlike the walkway across Nationwide Bvld. The walkway from this Inn to the Convention Center is heated. Showers were great although I am not a big fan of shampoo, conditioner dispensers over complimentary ones, these were full and stayed full for the whole trip. I did not like the pillows, but that's probably just me. Parking is secure and you can bellhop your own bags with plenty of dollies to use. Free complimentary breakfast and a decent 5:30 p.m. snack bar meal tops it off. Indoor pool and spa tops it off. Kudos to the Drury Inn. Must be why it is hard to get a room here during a convention or conference.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business