Quality Inn & Suites South/Obetz
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewstruck drivertractor trailerroom finegentleman namedfront deskhot eggsmicrowave and mini fridgehotel experiencesquiet locationsausage gravyspecial thanksbreakfast selectiondecent sizein room coffeewaffle makerhot waterfitness room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 February 2013

First let me say that the staff is by far the friendly a staff I have ever encountered. At first glance the hotel and lobby seem decent. Then I noticed the mold all over the walls in the pool area along with a note closed for maintenance... I sure hope the mold was the maintenance they were referring to. Our first rooms window had a torn up screen and the window didnt lock or shut all the way and there was a cold draft and the shower had mold all over the celing. We requested a different room mostly because the window wouldn't shut or lock and we were on the first floor. Our second room was worse. I immediately checked the window to be sure it was shut. The window locked and shut but it was full of mold!!! The shower celing was also full of mold. There was a HUGE wad of hair on our bed in plain view, the chair had white flakes or salt like something all over it. We slept with a blanket we had in the car and requested new sheets. Our pillow case had makeup stains on it like it wasnt changed. The wall by the bed had dirt marks all over it and huge dust balls in the corners. It was overall horrible. The staff was super nice and apologetic what made things better but I would never ever stay there again. We have family in Columbus so we usually stay downtown however, we had short notice for a funeral and opted for something a little closer to my inlaws. We were only there 1 night or we would have left.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank mooredanielle10
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Management at Quality Inn Amanda Pinkerton Was very polite and helpful. I was taken care of with outstanding service. Including excellant rate, very clean room. I highly recommend this motel on your next stay in Columbus Ohio.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We were looking for a hotel for a little "R&R" with a mix of fun! I checked in first and was very please with the appearance of the hotel and the helpful guest services staff. The room I was first presented with had a small problem with the entry lock on the door, but this was resolved swiftly and effortly with an upgrade by the manager! We had a wonderful stay and I would definitely come again(planning another "girl's nite" for next month). I would suggest a stay here to anyone looking for a quiet not so out of the way getaway!!! Thanks Staff!! You Rock!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Toya M
Reviewed 17 December 2012

After reviewing a great number of choices for a hotel out of the 164 hotels available in the greater Columbus area, we decided to drive a bit further and try this location. Since we travel every single weekend for business, we really see the other side of this business and this location seems to have what we were looking for. It really is simple, a clean room, a good night's sleep and a staff that is attentive, regardless of the type of hotel you stay at.

The majority of the locations we stay at have a weekend staff, understandably not as accustomed to business travelers but usually give it a good try. We never hold that against a location but sometimes wish that the owners would realize that business travelers do use their facilities on the weekends as well. If you are open, then it is business as usual not dictated by the day of the week.

This Quality Inn has recently been upgraded by the new owners and I can honestly say it was an exceptionally stay, especially for a weekend. The property itself is a quiet location, bright, comfortable and cheery. The hotel has an impeccably clean pool and work out area near the front area. Our room was very fresh smelling and clean within an inch of perfection, I know because I have severe allergies to mold and every room we stay at gets the twice over. This one was gorgeous.

The staff we encountered were Monica, GM and Jessica, customer relations agent and both of these women really get what customer service is all about. When I noticed there was no trash basket in the bathroom, Jessica was so quick at replacing it, apologizing that it must have been a cleaning over site and was there anything else that they could do to make our stay more enjoyable. Each encounter with both of them was professional, courteous and satisfying. No request too small and their only goal is a happy guest. Truly exceptional customer service.

After a grueling day of business, we were greeted by name and asked how our show went. The next morning at breakfast the same way. Sincere and cordial, polite and professional, this staff should do training for other facilities. They really do get it and more importantly practice it on every guest.

If we get back to Columbus next year we will definitely reserve this place. Well worth the extra couple of miles.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Very helpful staff. Kristina Roseberry was the guest service agent at checkout and also took my reservationj 3 nights earlier. Breakfast food was ample, room very quiet. My wife throughly enjoyed her sleep. We capped off a 10 hour driving leg. Evening clerk very helpful on location of restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family