“nick was very helpful and great at his job and stuff that was not his job.”

Quality Inn & Suites South/Obetz
Ranked #65 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 14 February 2013

this a great hotel for one night or 3 weeks. breakfast was good ones more time nick was great at his job i like the hotel because whatever i needed i got i talk to nick he make it happen i just wanted to say thanks for every thing

1  Thank Eugene H

Reviewed 14 February 2013

I'm a roadmaster student from baltimore and the employees at the Quality Inn make me feel like I'm home away from home! Nick checked me in, he gave us a good room and he was very very polite. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that needs a clean, well organized hotel.

Room Tip: The room are very well maintnenced.
1  Thank Justin F
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We spent the night here prior to a doctors appointment in Columbus. The hotel apperearance is great. I booked the room online for a queen bed. We were given a room that was very quaint. Then the hotel appeared like it may have been a Microtel at one time in its life. Our bed was not very comfortable, despite the signage indicating the beds were newer. Ultimately it was a roof over our head and we did not have to wake up at 4am to get to the appointment, so everything was good.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2013

We stayed at this mediocre Quality Inn in Obetz, OH - which is obviously geared toward truckers while driving from Georgia to New York for the holidays. An hour away, I called to check on availability. I was quoted $79 per night and was told I didn't need a reservation, just come in. We did. I was again quoted $79 a night and asked for one night for our family. We arrived after midnight and left before 11 a.m. the next day - and said goodbye and Merry Christmas to the front desk staff as we left. When we got our credit card statement, we were charged for 3 nights. I called the hotel 3 times, left detailed messages. No one called me back. Am now disputing the charge and the hotel is fighting it. We won't be staying at any Choice Hotels again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SKosmerl
Tabitha S, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites South/Obetz, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2015

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback so that we may better serve you. I apologize for the issues that you had during your stay. As anywhere there are guests that occasionally smoke in the rooms, and as a result they do get charged a smoking fee.

We are in the process of resurfacing our guest rooms. Please contact me at the hotel (614) 497-9600 at your earliest convenient time, during business hours, so we can discuss this matter.

Tabitha Seeger
Front Office Manager
614-497-9600

Reviewed 7 February 2013

First let me say that the staff is by far the friendly a staff I have ever encountered. At first glance the hotel and lobby seem decent. Then I noticed the mold all over the walls in the pool area along with a note closed for maintenance... I sure hope the mold was the maintenance they were referring to. Our first rooms window had a torn up screen and the window didnt lock or shut all the way and there was a cold draft and the shower had mold all over the celing. We requested a different room mostly because the window wouldn't shut or lock and we were on the first floor. Our second room was worse. I immediately checked the window to be sure it was shut. The window locked and shut but it was full of mold!!! The shower celing was also full of mold. There was a HUGE wad of hair on our bed in plain view, the chair had white flakes or salt like something all over it. We slept with a blanket we had in the car and requested new sheets. Our pillow case had makeup stains on it like it wasnt changed. The wall by the bed had dirt marks all over it and huge dust balls in the corners. It was overall horrible. The staff was super nice and apologetic what made things better but I would never ever stay there again. We have family in Columbus so we usually stay downtown however, we had short notice for a funeral and opted for something a little closer to my inlaws. We were only there 1 night or we would have left.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank mooredanielle10
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Management at Quality Inn Amanda Pinkerton Was very polite and helpful. I was taken care of with outstanding service. Including excellant rate, very clean room. I highly recommend this motel on your next stay in Columbus Ohio.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

We were looking for a hotel for a little "R&R" with a mix of fun! I checked in first and was very please with the appearance of the hotel and the helpful guest services staff. The room I was first presented with had a small problem with the entry lock on the door, but this was resolved swiftly and effortly with an upgrade by the manager! We had a wonderful stay and I would definitely come again(planning another "girl's nite" for next month). I would suggest a stay here to anyone looking for a quiet not so out of the way getaway!!! Thanks Staff!! You Rock!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Toya M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Baymont Inn & Suites Columbus/Rickenbacker
Motel 6 Columbus West
Motel 6 Columbus West
#73 of 145 in Columbus
WoodSpring Suites Columbus North I - 270

Been to Quality Inn & Suites South/Obetz? Share your experiences!