Quality Inn & Suites South/Obetz
Red Roof
US$169
US$105
  • Pool
All reviewstruck drivertractor trailerroom finegentleman namedfront deskhot eggsmicrowave and mini fridgehotel experiencesquiet locationsausage gravyspecial thanksbreakfast selectiondecent sizein room coffeewaffle makerhot waterfitness room
Reviewed 13 July 2013

There aren't enough great things to say about this place! From the value (great breakfast bar) to the amazing front desk staff finding my daughters lost cell phone. With my family of 3 teenagers, the patience it takes for personal care means a lot to this daycationing family. Thanks to all. The pool was great, too. See you next time! :)

• Stayed: July 2013
mluhrman, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites South/Obetz, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! More and more people are making their lodging choices based upon TripAdvisor reviews. I will pass along your feedback to the staff and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I stay at this Quality Inn every 6-8 weeks while visiting relatives in the area. The facility had suffered greatly when it was a Sleep Inn, but the new owners and managers have significantly upgraded the facility and the rooms. The improvements will be much appreciated by people who've stayed there in the past. The front desk, breakfast, and cleaning folks are all friendly and competent. And, the price is good for a southeast Columbus area hotel. It's normally a very quiet location and easy to get to (major road construction at the nearby intersection should be completed in the next few weeks). I travel a lot, and I don't often review a hotel, but I do recommend this vastly improved location.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
mluhrman, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites South/Obetz, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about the property. I will share your experience with the staff. We greatly appreciate the feedback we receive on Trip Advisor. More and more today people are making their lodging choices based on reviews on Trip Advisor. I hope we continue to exceed your expectations and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Visited a week ago with my wife. There was heavy construction all around the area, potholes and roadblocks and orange cones galore. Despite having been nearly booked to capacity, as we were told, the place seemed to be fairly deserted. That's probably the only reason why it seemed to be quiet, because there was a crack all around the door to our room that let in light from all four sides. The lobby was spacious and seemed to be pretty clean. It smelled strongly of bleach, but I assumed it meant the place would be sanitary. The staff was friendly.

We'd been out all day in the heat so we went up to our room after checking in to rest for a while before heading back out for the evening. That's when things got really nasty. The tub was so slippery we both nearly fell when taking our showers, and there was black mold on the shower curtain. But the worst part was the bed. It was lumpy and thin and very uncomfortable. And there was dried blood - not blood stains, but actual dried blood - on the blankets. There were even pieces of flesh clinging to the blood. It was disgusting. My wife said it looked like scabs. We went down to complain and they just said, "Okay!" like it was the most common thing in the world. There was blood all over the blanket, and what seemed to be makeup as well. I stepped in something that was like a brown powder on the floor in my white socks, and I believe that was also makeup. We asked that they change the bed because of the gore, but they only changed the blanket, not the sheets. We determined that because the sheets had shifted during our nap and were not straightened when we returned, and one of my wife's hairs (I hope it was hers) was on the pillow she'd used. If there is blood smeared all over a bed, why would you not fully change the linens?! Disgusting!

The ice machine looked to be jammed, crammed full of ice and dripping water. Didn't visit the pool. There was a 24-hour workout room, but the lights were off and it was empty so I don't know if it was available for use or not. We got the hell out of there as soon as we woke up in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ReviewerEastCoast
mluhrman, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites South/Obetz, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on TripAdvisor, more and more people today are determining their hospitality selections from TripAdvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about the conditions you experienced during your stay. I would like to apologize for your experience and to let you know that the property has since undergone a management change. The proper procedures have been addressed with the housekeeping staff and the front desk staff. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about your stay and I encourage you to contact us again next time you are coming to the area.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

This place was great. It's a little out of the way, but you can't beat the price. Room was extremely clean. Bed was very comfy. Couldn't believe how big room was. We got the $59 Tripadvisor rate on a sold out Fri nite!! Didn't stay for breakfast. Will def be back next time Im in the Cbus area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Deb I, Vice President at Quality Inn & Suites South/Obetz, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

Our staff really appreciated your time in letting us know your thoughts on our hotel! We read Trip Advisor daily as it truly lets us know where we can improve. We are a little out of the way and we are glad the road construction is complete. We were amazed at how many guests still went out of their way to come even with the construction. We are truly glad it is over and happy that you had a great stay. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

In June, I had a pastor stay a week in this hotel. It was very clean and had been newly remodeled within the year. The front desk was very friendly and accommodating with room choice and needs. The indoor pool is very clean. The price was very good. I would highly recommend this hidden gem.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
mluhrman, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites South/Obetz, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2013

Thank you for your feedback on the property! We strive to give all our guests outstanding satisfaction and appreciate your support. We look forward to serving your guests in the future!