“Decent Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #52 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Decent Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We ended up here on a busy Fall Saturday night while passing through town. It is a bit away from downtown but convenient to the expressway and adjacent to a commercial/industrial park that is quiet on the weekend. There did not seem to be too many other services nearby but we were spending our time downtown so that didn't matter. The hotel seems recently freshened up and the management really seemed to be trying to please. Our room was quite large for the price and was comfortable for our needs. Despite being a fairly modern hotel the floors squeaked a great deal - but they do at our house too so we felt right at home. The breakfast area was quite large and had an adequate selection of hot and cold items. While it was nothing special, this hotel provided good value for the attractive price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ROCtraveler30
mluhrman, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! More and more people today use TripAdvisor to determine their lodging choices. We appreciate the time it took to review our property and I am thrilled we were able to accommodate your needs on a busy night! We look forward to your next stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

A month or so ago, I stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites- Columbus South in Obetz, OH. I was pleasantly surprised at the service I had while I stayed. Your Director of Operations, Kishore Vasanjee was a huge help and very pleasant. I could tell he enjoyed his job and was glad to be able to serve us. This hotel is very quiet and the staff was very friendly. The hotel was very well kept, clean and your janitorial staff was very accommodating to our needs. We were told that you had just remodeled. Our room was very nice and we felt at home. Breakfast was very good and there was a nice selection of things to eat. We even got a chance to enjoy the pool which had no heater at the time but was still very refreshing. I felt the rooms were reasonably priced, especially since I had a free reward night! the amenities were also adequate and not overdone so as to pay for things we didn't use. I will recommend your hotel to anyone I know staying in that area. I will be sure to stay at this hotel again if I am ever in that area again. Thanks so much for caring about your customers and providing a home away from home! Thanks again to Kishore Vasanjee for directing such a fine hotel and for meeting all our needs with a smile..........Laurie L.- PA

Room Tip: Ground level rooms are quiet and convenient to amenities.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laurie L
It was our pleasure to have you stay! Thank you so much for taking the time to review the property! We can't wait to see you again!
Lebanon, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Was clean and comfortable. Staff was nice, easy check in, as expected for brand. Did not eat breakfast but liked the noon checkout time. Location is a little hard to get to at first but was good because of 24 hour McDonald's very near after evening at Scioto downs. Would recommend for value.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joby1only
Grafton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

The hotel is kind of tricky to find. It was quiet and the staff friendly. I was on my way to Illinois from Massachusetts and this area was a 1/2 stop. I would stay here again. The hotel looks like it was recently remodeled. There was no HD TV in my room, which was ok for 1 night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mluhrman, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Thank you for the feedback! I know more people use TripAdvisor to choose their hotel accommodations and we appreciate when our guests take the time to let us know how we are doing. I will pass along your kind words to our staff, they work hard to try to provide an excellent experience for each of our guests. We are currently in the process of upgrading the TVs so I hope they are in place for your next stay!
Stoney Creek, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stay here frequently as we have family within 5 minutes of the hotel. Majority of our stays are excellent, the staff is always friendly and courteous. If we require anything, we just have to ask and they will meet our needs if able. I read the review regarding the bedding, we have always had a fitted sheet, full sheet, comforter and bedspread. A number of pillows available. Pillows are a personal preference, I use the hotel pillows and find them comfortable, my husband travels with his own pillow as he never finds any hotel pillows comfortable. Breakfast is always good and they are prompt to fill anything that has emptied. As it is an older hotel, the bathroom facilities are older but adequate. For the price, we feel we are getting value for our money. They have improved a lot since they have taken over this facility. Shirley S.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Shirley S
Thank you so much for the kind words! So many people choose their hotels based on TripAdvisor and we appreciate you taking the time to review our property! We strive to meet the needs of all of our guests and I truly appreciate your compliment to our staff. I will pass along the review to them, they work hard each day to try to provide excellent service. We look forward to your next visit!
Kent, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

The beds were so uncomfortable that I woke up with a backache. There was a bug on the bathroom floor. You could hear through the walls of the beds making noise. The pillows were very small and uncomfortable. The towels were very thin. The toilet had a stain in it which made it look dirty. I went to the kitchen and there was a huge spider crawling on the floor. I was told they had someone in recently to kill the bugs, but guess that didn't work .I hooked up to the internet and there was no signal so I couldn't hook up to the wireless. The manager told me to give them a try again, but I don't think so!! So judge this place on your own, I won't be back.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience at the property. On behalf of the staff I want to apologize for the standard of service you received. More and more people use TripAdvisor to select their hotels and we appreciate the time it takes to review the property and try to use each review to improve our service for our guests. We are currently in the process of upgrading our bedding in the rooms and apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I would like to apologize for your experience and to let you know that the property is going through a management change. The proper procedures have been addressed with the housekeeping staff and the breakfast staff. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about your stay and I encourage you to contact us again next time you are coming to the area.
Bakersville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were passing by on our way to Michigan. We stayed for 2 days so we could visit with a family friend who is going through a hard time. We don't know much about Columbus so we did not want to venture too far into it. This hotel was easy to find, but the location is so spread out and kind of junky. We had trouble getting around and finding anything to eat but fast food.

Hotel was pretty nice. I'd never done the Quality Inn, but my husband has on business. I believe it is in with Comfort Inn and those others. Since it was low-priced for Columbus, we had low expectations, but it was pretty average: room cleaning was done very well, even replenished us with more than we needed, fairly quiet, breakfast was surprisingly good. The only concern I had was there were some... undesirable people hanging around. There always seemed to be two or three women lounging around who mostly kept in pajamas and always looked tired and bored. Working nights maybe? Strange.

Nice place overall and many amenities for the price.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
mluhrman, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Our staff really appreciated your time in letting us know your thoughts on our hotel! We read Trip Advisor daily as it truly lets us know where we can improve. We are a little out of the way and we often get some extended stay business. I am happy our staff exceeded your expectations and I hope we can do even better the next time! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Motel 6 Columbus West
Comfort Inn North
Comfort Inn North
#77 of 143 in Columbus
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!