“WOW!! What a great hotel”

Courtyard Columbus Easton
Ranked #39 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
bizguy2007
“WOW!! What a great hotel”
Reviewed 28 August 2006

This property blew my mind. I travel all of the time and I rarely receive the level of service like I received at the Columbus Courtyard at Easton. The staff was super friendly and greeted me every time I walked by the desk. The room was clean and comfortable, I didn’t hear a single noise all night. I stayed two nights and had breakfast each morning. The breakfast staff was impressive. They had some young polish students working who were so nice and accommodating. And this is a first, the General Manager of the property was greeting and seating people. The Assistant Manager was doing the same on the second day of my stay. No wonder all of the staff was amazing. I had a slight problem with the internet in the room, but it was fixed when I called about it. Over all a five star stay.

Stayed August 2006
4 Thank bizguy2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 July 2006

I am always pleased with my stays at Marriott Courtyard hotels and this is one of the best! I used my free Marriott Rewards Certificate which arrived when I signed up for the Marriott Visa card. Even though my stay was free, the hotel staff still made me feel welcome and my room was just as great as well. This hotel is in a great location especially for those of us who like to shop. It is paradise. Yes, the regular nightly rate which is $159 is quite high for a Courtyard, but the location surely makes up for it. My room was larger than most other Marriott hotel rooms. The room was bright, clean and very comfortable. I was very pleased with the bed. Marriott beds seem to be the best for comfort when compared to other hotel chains. This hotel offered a nice breakfast buffet full of all kinds of delicious breakfast specialities. If you are in Columbus for a day a shopping at Easton Town Center why not make it an all day and night event with a stay at this great Courtyard. I will return.

• Stayed May 2006
4 Thank ILUVDC
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 12 April 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Courtyard in March for a weekend getaway from the kids. I forget the room number, but we were given a handicap room (didn't ask for it) with one king bed, immediately to the right of the elevator overlooking the front parking lot and Easton Center. We stayed on a Friday & Saturday night and both nights were unusually expensive for a Courtyard.

The hotel was fairly typical for Courtyard in many ways, including it being very clean and comfortable. It definitely shows no signs of aging, and the front desk staff (only workers we talked to) were very nice and accomodating with questions. The location made it very convenient, as it sits on the extreme SW side of Easton with about a five minute walk to the heart of the Center.

The pool was extremely small for any hotel, and the jacuzzi was way too hot. Of the 8-10 people that used it while we were there, none could stand it for more than a few minutes. However, both the pool and jacuzzi, as well as the entire pool area, was very clean. No issues there, and towels were well stocked.

Our room had two minor problems - (1) the shower head leaked badly and (2) as mentioned in a previous post, the heating/cooling unit did tend to make a lot of noise. We complained about the shower head about 12pm as we left for lunch/shopping, and it was fixed by the time we got back at 4pm.

The only other suggestion I have is to secure a parking spot fairly early on Friday and/or Saturday nights. The front lot fills up very quickly and the back lot is a pretty good hike away. Also note that the north side entrance does not go to the lobby - only the upper floors via staircases.

All in all, I would stay at this hotel again, as we did enjoy the accomodations. If price is a concern, though, check out hotels away from Easton, as all three (Hilton, CY, and Res Inn) are expensive.

• Stayed March 2006
6 Thank polar_purple
Reviewed 26 January 2004

If your looking for a hotel for convience to shopping at Easton then this is a good pick. Somewhat pricey compared to properties outside the shopping zone but it's location and very hospitable staff make up for it. Payed $119.00 a night over a two day weekend. The Hilton (nice looking property) was much higher and the Residence (which is right next door and just a shade closer to shopping) was $25.00 cheaper a night but they didn't have a king bed. The only reason I can not give this property a perfect score was that the heating and air conditioning sysytem sounded like a cooling system for a 18 wheeler milk truck running next to my bed. so we thru an extra blanket on the bed the following night to cure the noise problem. A very clean nice hotel, will return.

18 Thank Vegastrip