“Great place to stay!”

Comfort Suites - Columbus / Clara St
Ranked #69 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Super close to the fairgrounds, clean quiet rooms, great AC. Free hot and cold breakfast daily, Pool, Exercise room, and free Wi-Fi. The parking lot is secure, and the staff is all friendly. There are 3 floors and elevator access to the upper 2. Very nice location. I have Been staying here for years and highly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites - Columbus / Clara St

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Friendly front desk personnel, nice lobby area, quiet during the night, spacious floor plan with couch/living area, and nice breakfast food selection. The decor is a mix of older stuff and newer wall coverings, but we liked the room. I did see a few small bugs in my room (maybe fruit flies). The hotel is only five minutes from Ohio State Univ, which was convenient. We were pleasantly surprised at the size and condition of the room. The room was a great value for the cost. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I came to Columbus for the Red, white, and boom event, and booked a room at comfort suites on Clara st. All I can say is WOW!!!! The room was amazing!!!! The room was very spacious, the bathroom was extremely clean, and bed was soft and comfy.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My wife and I decided to stay here after searching for a hotel near Interstate 71 during a cross country road trip. We did not check Tripadvisor, but we had such good luck with Comfort Suites we made the reservation on line. The rooms looked nice on line and the price was right.

When we arrived we were a little concerned. The neighborhood did not look the greatest. There was no real restaurant we could walk to, and the desk person told us we would have to drive downtown to find a restaurant. Not really good for us because we have been traveling 8 hours per day driving, and the last thing we wanted to do was drive dowtown and drive back. I noticed that they had a menu in the room that you could have food delivered to your room. Thought about it, but headed downtown, got a pizza at Domino's and killed a half a bottle of wine in our room. After I read about the break-ins in vehicles here from fellow Tripadvisors I made sure there was nothing in the car to tempt anyone. Still I was uncomfortable. Good news was that all was well the next day when we left.

Okay, that was the bad part. The good part was that our room was absolutely great! Super large! Hey, I could live here! Refrig, microwave, table to eat at, couch, king sized bed, wide screen tv, and lots of elbow room. I don't ever remember having such a large suite/room at any hotel that I have stayed at. We took advantage of the guest laundry on the second floor. Hey, they even have a tv and couch outside the laundry room, so you can sit and watch your soaps (no pun inteded) while you wait!

The breakfast was better than most. The ever present waffle machine was there as well as fruits, yogurt, assorted breads, rolls, muffins, etc. Also eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy! Wow!

We didn't use the pool or fitness center, but overall this place is really nice.

Okay. The big question is would I stay here again. Well, security concerns are real concerns, but it is close to Ohio State University, the fair grounds (and also the police station). As ominous as it looks in the neighborhood we did not experience any problems. Probably if I did I would be negative on this place. But the price was right, and we had a great experience. I guess you will have to decide yourself, but I thoroughly enjoyed this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BenGruda
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I usually go to Choice Hotels; Comfort Inn & Suites is one of their brand. I have a rewards card with them.
This hotel is totally non-smoking which is good. Most Comfort Inns are. The room had a fridge and microwave and coffee maker.
The room was clean and comfortable. Good free breakfast selection.
The hotel is next to the fairgrounds so it is a little out of the way but close to highway exits.
About the service: My wife's earring fell off in the pool. She didn't notice until later in the evening. She saw it in the pool and told the desk. They sent a man to the pool who put on a swim suit and jumped in and retrieved the earring. Talk about service!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I stayed here because it is just a block from the Historical Museum. The room was fine - a basic Choice Hotel property. Service was polite, room clean, bed comfortable. I had a frig and micro; wi-fi was decent and there was a plethora of outlets for tech devices: one near the desk and an expanded one near the bed with both normal plugs and usb ports. So many hotels have a desk and no accessible outlets or only one across the room near no beds or chairs. Breakfast was much more than other Choice Hotels I have stayed at: the requisite coffee/tea/juices/continental offerings, plus waffles, mini-omelets, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy. The only negative was that the dining option was limited to a McDonald's on the same block, unless you got in the car and navigated some one-way and dead end streets to hunt down a meal.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Hotel was more than adequate with nice, clean rooms and spacious common areas but security was a concern. We missed the right-hand turn on to Clara St. and travels a few blocks around the fair grounds. All the houses we saw were boarded up and a bit scary looking. We found our way back to the hotel and noticed signs at check in cautioning us against leaving any thing of value in our vehicle. At dinner with local friends that night, they cut the dinner short to ensure we were back at the hotel before dark and cautioned us not to venture out of the hotel until daybreak.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple