“Bibliophile heaven--others, maybe not so much so”
Review of Village Book Shop

Village Book Shop
Ranked #11 of 43 Shopping in Columbus
Reviewed 14 October 2013

For someone like me who loves books and paper treasures, the Village Book Shop is good for hours of escape. The collection, housed in an old church, is massive and wildly varied: new books, remainders, used books, maps, and a very small collection of recorded media. The prices are great. But if you have a sensitive sense of smell (like my wife), the distinct aroma of old paper may be more than you can take.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

I get in the Worthington/Columbus area several times a year and I almost always stop in to browze the extensive selection of books that they have. I wish there was something this nice in the Cleveland area. I have interest in the Civil War era and always find something interesting to buy. They have a number of chairs through the store for one to sit down while looking at a book for a potential purchase. Even if you don't buy anything, just visiting the Village Book Shop is time well spent!

1  Thank John K
Reviewed 14 October 2012

My buddy introduced me to this bookstore when he was at med school in Columbus... that was almost ten years ago and I'm still going back. Outstanding selection, great mix of publisher's remainders of newer books as well as older and used books. Especially outstanding for a history buff, with lots of Civil War, World War II, and European history titles. Great prices can't be beat. The staff has always been pleasant and helpful every time I have visisted. You need to see it for yourself to realize just how huge it is.

1  Thank GozerTheTraveller
Reviewed 19 June 2012

The store is in an old church on 161 between Worthington & Dublin. Easily accessible from 315 (head west) or from the Sawmill Rd / 161 shopping area (head east). They stock mostly closeouts but also have used books in the upstairs. It rivals the Book Loft to me because it is not so crowded, there is not loud New Age type music in every room, and the bathrooms are easily accessible.