“Authentic Mexican food”

Casa Hacienda Grill
Ranked #175 of 2,275 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were spending the weekend in Columbus Ohio and we wanted to eat Mexican food in the evening. I saw this restaurant reviwed on Tripadvisor, and we were not disappointed. Our waitress was very friendly and we started (as usual) with a margarita. These were very good. My wife chose a beef burrito and a beef chimichanga,and said that they were both good. I decided to order something differen from the usual "Tex-Mex" and chose the Mexican trio combination. This came with shrimp, grilled boneless chicken breast and char grilled steak. What a great meal, including home made tortillas, pinto beans, fresh avacado and a spicy verde salsa.

We will definitely go back the next time we are in Columbus.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I am from the Southwest but have been a transplant to the Midwest for more than a decade. It is very difficult to find decent Mexican food in this part of the world.

First let me say that the outside appearances of this restaurant leave a lot to be desired. It is almost impossible to find the front door to this place because it is on the east side of the building. There was a a dirty diaper sitting on the cigarette can outside, yikes!

However, the inside appearance is totally tacky and kitsch just like I'm used to in the Southwest.

I ordered a margarita that wasn't outstanding but it was good.

Then the warm tortilla chips showed up interestingly enough with a small plate of beans. This was different, no salsa but the beans were awesome. They were refried beans but they were served cold.

Then I ordered Queso Fundido with chorizo. OMG, so good. It was a huge portion with tons of chorizo, yum!

I ordered the seafood chimichanga that was delicious. I was able to get black beans (which are hard to find in restaurants at times).

My friend ordered a cheese enchilada that looked devine!

We were too stuffed to ordered the friend ice cream but I will be going back for that!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Living in panhandle of Texas, we know Mexican food. Ordered the chile Reano . It was very eggy and not Reano. Black beans very good. While had enchilada and it was also good but as she said not 4stars. Salsa was a reasonable fresh salsa. Atmosphere is excellent with Mexican ceramic tiles and paintings all with Mexican theme. Other ratings rank high but probably not used to great Mexican food.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The service was quick and efficient. Our food was great. We would definitely go back again for Mexican.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

This is one of the best Mexican places I have ever been to. The menu is like FIVE pages and the quality of the dishes are incredible!

I absolutely stop in every time I am in the area.