“Lavell Crawford” 5 of 5 bubbles

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Lavell Crawford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was a fun night out with friends to laugh out loud! This venue is in the mall but there is street parking and a garage near the entrance by California Kitchen. Although we were able to get tickets at the door, it's advised to buy online in advance (we got the last three tickets!). Unlike my home comedy clubs, there was no drink purchase minimum, which was nice. Oh...and the comedy was great! Lavell really did "turn calories into salaries"!

Visited August 2014

Grove City, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A great night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We visited the Funny Bone on Friday, July 25. Terrific comedian, great atmosphere, friendly service. Inexpensive date night!

Visited July 2014
Connecticut
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“A pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

A pleasant surprise is an understatement. There were three acts. I laughed until I couldn't breathe. At least on the night I was there the comedy was better than Caroline's in NYC
I am not going to say that the food was amazing but nobody at my table complained. I had Blackened Salmon. Decent portion, the flavor was nice and it wasn't all dried out. My Wife had the fried shrimp , which I ate most of. Decent sized, nice flavor and there was shrimp that you could see! Just lightly (very lightly) breaded. Not the microscopic piece of shrimp coated in so much batter that you feel like you got robbed. I didn't think the prices for the food were outrageous. $18.00 for my Salmon. I think the shrimp was about the same. The booze was were where they made their profit. Tiny drinks at premium prices.
We didn't have hors d'oeuvres or desert but between the two of us, 5 drinks, tax, and tip came to $106.00, plus the $20.00 each to get in. That was from Groupon which happened to be the walk up price too.

I would say that your enjoyment depends largely on the quality of the acts. The warm up guy seemed to be employed by Funny Bone, so I'm guessing he is a regular. Very funny guy so you won't be disappointed. The second guy and the featured guys were great. But, know it the quality varies because one of the coming attractions was the guy I didn't think was very funny at Caroline's.

Bottom line: I do not hesitate to recommend the place, and I will go back.

Visited July 2014
London, Ohio
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“great way to spend an evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Haven't been to the Funny Bone for a while. We were at Easton, and at the last minute decided to see who was headlining. That night it was Tom Arnold. We decided to drop the $54 and get two tickets (45 minutes before the show no less) We came back 15 minutes before it began to get seated. The staff was courteous and quick. They stuck us in the back corner slightly behind the stage (probably the worst seats in the place) My wife, the negotiator asked about getting something better. The hostess stated the show was sold out, but she would check. She came back 10 minutes later and said if we don't mind sitting with six strangers she could move us to something better. We ended up smack in the middle second row back from the stage. They were probably the best seats in the house! I slipped her $5 for the move. FYI - You should always thank people that work hard for you

The wait staff were outstanding. The hustle like no ones business. We always had fresh drinks in front of us

Facility
The place is well laid out. They fit a lot of people into a small area without making you feel cramped and confined. I will say on that particular night the A/C was not working as well as I would have like it to. By the end I was sweating pretty good.

Talent.
We had a great group of comedians with Tom Arnold headlining. He seems like a genuinely nice guy. For me the highlight of the evening was Johnny Beaner. This guy was awesome. Tom was funny, but in a different way. Tom shared stories about his life in movies and with Rosanne. Johnny Beaner is your classic comedian, setting up punchlines and weaving what you think are separate jokes into a 20 minutes of one big funny story. I will certainly come back, the next time he is in town

Overall
Great place, great food, great entertainment, and great way to spend an evening with friends and loved ones.

Visited June 2014
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fun evening out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited this past weekend as part of our anniversary celebration. The two opening comedians were just as funny as the main act. The wait staff was great about keeping your drink filled. The seating is a little crowded. We will be returning!