“No Complaints. Modern Hotel with excellent service”

Hilton Columbus Downtown
Ranked #6 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Denver, Colorado
“No Complaints. Modern Hotel with excellent service”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

No complaints. It’s a modern hotel close to a relatively lively area. Parking is not free. Internet was free due to a promotional offer only; else it would not have been free. Both the breakfast and customer service were above average. I will stay there again if in town.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for much for your comments. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed here, and were greeted by Bradley at the front desk . Bradley was very helpful and informative about the events taking place at the hotel that evening. Once checked in we ate in the hotel lounge and we both had excellent Ahi Tuna Taco's very light and flavorful. I particularly liked the painting above the bed on the Executive floor room, a very tasteful suite with dual temperature controls, if I were to fuss I would say the light switches were a little difficult to manage, but perhaps I am a little old as well. The hotel staff that we came in contact with during our stay welcomed us and asked if there was anything they could assist us with right down to when we checked out and the valet brought our car to the front of the hotel. One of the very best overall service oriented hotel & staff I have come across in a long time. The hotel is very close to Nationwide arena and the Convention Center so if you have plans for business or pleasure travel into or through Columbus, Oh this is a must. We will definitely be back once our travels take us back to Columbus.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the kind note. Your gracious comments regarding the attentive service you received from Bradley are greatly appreciated. I am most fortunate to work with such a service-oriented professional and have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with him and will include your note in our recognition program. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I truly enjoyed my stay at this newly built establishment in downtown Columbus, OH. The staff was extremely courteous and accommodating even during the busy holiday week throughout the weekend. I would say the parking is a little expensive even for self-park and the food was not worth the cost and fees associated. I say that because if you just walk out onto the street you'll find several cost-friendly boutique restaurants. You cannot go wrong with the location you are close to great clubs/nightlife, the North Market which is incredible, and the Nationwide Arena. I am a Columbus native so I know all that the city has to offer and this hotel is right in the middle of all the action. Besides the high parking feed and mediocre room service food I would say this hotel is perfect and is pet-friendly by the way.

The indoor pool and gym are an added bonus. The gym is fully equipped unlike most hotel gyms this one is modern and clean. You can get a really decent workout. Also, the pool is aesthetically pleasing and lovely to have during the colder months in Ohio-I would take advantage.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room that faced the interior so I had no exterior view at all-this did not bother me a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your compliments and constructive feedback. As you mention, our location is great for going out in the Short North, Arena District and downtown! We’re fortunate to have so much going on around us. We hope to see you back again soon!
Sherborn
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The hotel is lovely, the staff was very accommodating and friendly. My only complaint is that when I returned home, I discovered my diamond earrings were not with me. I remember making sure the safe was empty. But having worn them the night before we left, I believe I left them out on the bureau. We left the room around 6 a.m., and in our rush to get on the road, I may not have checked the room as well as I usually do.

I called the hotel and first left a message, which was returned by a security officer pretty quickly. I have spoken with him a few times since then, and they have not turned up. I hate to accuse the maid, but who else would be in the room after we left?

I hope that if the maid did take them, she might feel some guilt when wearing them. They were a gift from my husband in the early years of our marriage. The sentiment they carry cannot be replaced.

Unfortunately, this incident has put a huge damper on our experience at the Hilton Columbus Downtown!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I deeply regret that the loss of these earrings has left a cloud over your stay. Please know that we took your claim very seriously as was evident by the immediate response and handling of the matter by the Director of Security. Our customers’ personal property is always respected and our team members have a solid record of having turned in all matters of items to Lost and Found of substantial value. There are a number of possible explanations and deeply regret that you have concluded that the housekeeper is at fault. I do hope that the earrings surface particularly given their sentimental value.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 December 2013

wonderful hotel! amazing service, great staff and great location. Arena right next door and the Jackets won the game. really enjoyed the room and view - looking down into the lobby from the upper floors is not for those who do not like heights - to me the design of the building is amazing.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I appreciate your note and am glad you enjoyed your stay. Go Blue Jackets!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I love the location of this hotel, so close to the Short North and Arena District! We stayed here this weekend and the staff was very helpful, and the bar was nice. The lobby is pretty and they have a Coffee Bean (my California inner self LOVES Coffee Bean!) This was my second time in the hotel and the only complaint I have is the "view" is awful. The first time I stayed here I paid for the higher floor with promises of a view... um yeah, I'll attach the "view" from our window. Definitely don't spring for a higher floor. Otherwise, rooms were clean (minus some lipstick or permanent marker that was on the wall in our bathroom... come on, easy clean up!)

In summary:
Location and hotel service = 5/5
Room condition and view = barely 4/5

All in all I would recommend this hotel to visitors :)

Room Tip: Do not pay for a higher floor, it's not worth it.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and glad you enjoyed your stay, particularly the attentive service as well as Gallerie Bar & Bistro. We are proud to serve Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf and actually was the first location in Ohio. My sincerest apologies for the lack of proper housekeeping attention to the mark on the bathroom and wall and will get that corrected immediately. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Beaverton
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This is a big Ohio capital city hotel with a fine inner courtroom dining area. Hall areas look down on the restaurants below where there are lots of green plants growing. Colors are browns and greys and greens. The weight room is better than most, although strangely the stair steppers face away from the tv screens, so you have to crane your neck to see whats on. Room was medium size, very modern and comfortable. Like the shower especially. No view outside the windows to note.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback and glad you generally enjoyed your stay. All pieces of equipment in the fitness center, including the steppers, treadmills, ellipticals and bikes, are outfitted with individual TV monitors for your convenience. The wall mounted sets are placed in relation to those using the free weights and other pieces such as the rower and stretcher that do not have such monitors. We look forward to your return.