“Fabulous Hotel - Great for Meetings and Transient Travel”

Hilton Columbus Downtown
Ranked #6 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 11 December 2013

New build about 1 year old. Amazing service and the food was fantastic. The sleeping rooms are beyond well appointed. The staff goes out of their way to be of assistance. Meeting space is well laid out and all AV is high tech and on trend. Extremely stylish decor all artwork is from local artists. Positioned near the Short North area which has great restaurants and shopping. Upon check-in the front desk was very informative and bellman Steve Mosley was a delight each day. At the lobby coffee bar - The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf they sell Jeni's ice cream in small containers - oh my goodness I got the Buckeye flavor and it was amazing! Love this hotel and hope to be back soon!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your note. Your kind and gracious comments regarding the attentive service you received from the entire team particularly Steve are sincerely appreciated. I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments and will be sure to recognize his effort in our Team Member Appreciation Program. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,755)

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Really nice and extremely modern Hilton right smack in the centre of Columbus attached to the Convention Centre - this hotel caters to conventioneers and events galore but still can attract the weary traveller and average holiday-goer. The hotel seems steeped in art and modern architectural design, in fact it has numerous public art pieces stationed on every floor and every room highlighting modern works by American artists. The location of this hotel is one of its highlights (centre of Columbus and attached to the convention centre) but it is also its main lowlight. There is no private parking for the hotel - you must use the giant garage owned by the city for convention events. To be sure they offer valet service ($24) but if you want to self park ($20) your choices are limited. Once you do park make sure you choose the very lowest level as that is where the pedestrian entrance is to the rear of the hotel (not the best design)! Once entered into the hotel on the lower ballroom level you must take the lift up to the lobby/registration! A bit maddening if you are transporting a lot of goods up to your room and an unhappy cat in her pet carrier! The lobby is very sleek and modern as I mentioned the art works before with a soaring atrium up 12 stories. If you have vertigo induced nausea beware, though there is a sturdy railing separating the walkways along the room floors that is all that stands between you and infinity. The room we were booked into was one of those with an interior view of the hotel atrium and seemed a bit more cramped than the exterior spaces. The restaurant and bar/lounge along with the business/fitness centres and pool were on the 2nd level above the lobby and exuded the same chic modern charm (though we didnt try them out). The hotel is pet friendly (for a $50 fee) and our cat enjoyed the tiled floor in the entryway and bathroom space. Great bed with unobtrusive modern art hung directly on the ceiling above (odd but not too distracting). Lots of restaurants/bars within walking distance. The North Market is very closeby too for some breakfast/foodie shopping galore.

Room Tip: Choose an outside facing room, the interior rooms are smaller and your only view is into the giant 1...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for your very through and thoughtful review and glad you enjoyed your stay. Yes, the art collection and contemporary styling of the hotel is certainly something very special and the location is just perfect to access the best of Columbus. Valet parking is definitely the most convenient option and though it is a few dollars more, it does provide for easy access, unlimited in/out privileges and up to 5pm check-out on the day of departure at no additional cost which is not provided with self-parking. So, it is really a good value. Thank you for taking the time to write and hope we will welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

No complaints. It’s a modern hotel close to a relatively lively area. Parking is not free. Internet was free due to a promotional offer only; else it would not have been free. Both the breakfast and customer service were above average. I will stay there again if in town.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for much for your comments. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here, and were greeted by Bradley at the front desk . Bradley was very helpful and informative about the events taking place at the hotel that evening. Once checked in we ate in the hotel lounge and we both had excellent Ahi Tuna Taco's very light and flavorful. I particularly liked the painting above the bed on the Executive floor room, a very tasteful suite with dual temperature controls, if I were to fuss I would say the light switches were a little difficult to manage, but perhaps I am a little old as well. The hotel staff that we came in contact with during our stay welcomed us and asked if there was anything they could assist us with right down to when we checked out and the valet brought our car to the front of the hotel. One of the very best overall service oriented hotel & staff I have come across in a long time. The hotel is very close to Nationwide arena and the Convention Center so if you have plans for business or pleasure travel into or through Columbus, Oh this is a must. We will definitely be back once our travels take us back to Columbus.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the kind note. Your gracious comments regarding the attentive service you received from Bradley are greatly appreciated. I am most fortunate to work with such a service-oriented professional and have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with him and will include your note in our recognition program. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I truly enjoyed my stay at this newly built establishment in downtown Columbus, OH. The staff was extremely courteous and accommodating even during the busy holiday week throughout the weekend. I would say the parking is a little expensive even for self-park and the food was not worth the cost and fees associated. I say that because if you just walk out onto the street you'll find several cost-friendly boutique restaurants. You cannot go wrong with the location you are close to great clubs/nightlife, the North Market which is incredible, and the Nationwide Arena. I am a Columbus native so I know all that the city has to offer and this hotel is right in the middle of all the action. Besides the high parking feed and mediocre room service food I would say this hotel is perfect and is pet-friendly by the way.

The indoor pool and gym are an added bonus. The gym is fully equipped unlike most hotel gyms this one is modern and clean. You can get a really decent workout. Also, the pool is aesthetically pleasing and lovely to have during the colder months in Ohio-I would take advantage.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room that faced the interior so I had no exterior view at all-this did not bother me a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your compliments and constructive feedback. As you mention, our location is great for going out in the Short North, Arena District and downtown! We’re fortunate to have so much going on around us. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 6 December 2013

The hotel is lovely, the staff was very accommodating and friendly. My only complaint is that when I returned home, I discovered my diamond earrings were not with me. I remember making sure the safe was empty. But having worn them the night before we left, I believe I left them out on the bureau. We left the room around 6 a.m., and in our rush to get on the road, I may not have checked the room as well as I usually do.

I called the hotel and first left a message, which was returned by a security officer pretty quickly. I have spoken with him a few times since then, and they have not turned up. I hate to accuse the maid, but who else would be in the room after we left?

I hope that if the maid did take them, she might feel some guilt when wearing them. They were a gift from my husband in the early years of our marriage. The sentiment they carry cannot be replaced.

Unfortunately, this incident has put a huge damper on our experience at the Hilton Columbus Downtown!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I deeply regret that the loss of these earrings has left a cloud over your stay. Please know that we took your claim very seriously as was evident by the immediate response and handling of the matter by the Director of Security. Our customers’ personal property is always respected and our team members have a solid record of having turned in all matters of items to Lost and Found of substantial value. There are a number of possible explanations and deeply regret that you have concluded that the housekeeper is at fault. I do hope that the earrings surface particularly given their sentimental value.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

wonderful hotel! amazing service, great staff and great location. Arena right next door and the Jackets won the game. really enjoyed the room and view - looking down into the lobby from the upper floors is not for those who do not like heights - to me the design of the building is amazing.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I appreciate your note and am glad you enjoyed your stay. Go Blue Jackets!