“Great hotel and location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Columbus Downtown

Hilton Columbus Downtown
Ranked #5 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great hotel and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very comfortable and well designed. The beds are amazing. We enjoyed a drink at the bar which is in the middle of a large atrium. We only had one issue with our stay. The valet parking was very backed up and it was going to take too long to get our car. So, Katie at the front desk was able to get us a cab and we made it to our event on time. Katie was very helpful and professional, she offered exceptional customer service. Overall, this is a great property for business or pleasure. I will stay here every time I visit Columbus.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tlacosse
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write! I apologize for the backup with valet getting your car, I’m glad that Katie was able to assist getting you to your event on time. We are honored to be your hotel of choice in Columbus and look forward to your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

I usually wait until the the conclusion of my stay to write a review, but I am 3 nights into a 5-night stay and everything has so far been very impressive. From the beautiful atrium the surrounds the 2nd floor lounge to the immaculate modernized rooms with art gallery lighting streaming from my headboard, behind the tv, and underneath my bathroom sink. Might I also add that I enjoy the nice touch of placing full length modern art on the ceiling above my bed and the seating alcove below my window.

The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of downtown next to restaurants, coffee shops, the famed North Market, as well as connected to the convention center.

Everyone at the hotel has been friendly, and wonderful. Carrie, who checked me in with a Hilton Gold Member welcome bag has greeted me by name every time I have walked through the lobby. Katie, who also possesses the gift of a great memory has always been prompt and quick with responding to request. When I called down because my internet did not work, she immediately gave me an access code. I was missing a breakfast voucher, so he had one sent to my room 0 laid sweetly on on my dresser with some chocolates. When it comes to customer service, it really is about the simple gestures and light touches, and Hilton Columbus does it right.

I have been equally impressed by restaurant manager, Christina Cyphers. When a fellow guest and I arrived half an hour early for the breakfast buffet, she still promptly seated us and brought drinks to our table. During our wait, she proceeded to tell us about this one-of-a-kind property that I was surprised to learn is a pilot property that Hilton may use to model additional hotels after. Should that occur, I would gladly seek out these modernized properties to stay in during my frequent travels.

Additional shout outs go to Steve, the bellhop who took care of my dry-cleaning and can't stop smiling, as well as Winston who braved the chilly Columbus morning air to call me a taxi at a moment's notice.

I do I think my room location could've been better. I have room on the 8th floor facing the convention center away from the downtown area that does does not have as good of a view as my co-workers. I will be sure to ask for a room on a higher floor the on the other side of the hotel when I return. I also would've loved to have been able to experience the member lounge and given it a glowing review but was kindly told by the front desk that lounge access was restricted to Diamond members. There was not enough space in the lounge for them to budge on this rule as another Hilton property often would. This is of course understandable.

Thanks for an incredible stay so far guys! I will be sad to leave.

Room Tip: I LOVE all the modernized features in my hotel. I fact, I will be taking photos prior to my departur...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Henry C
Thank you for your very through and thoughtful review and glad you enjoyed your stay. While we appreciate all feedback, certainly we enjoy the compliments all that much more! I have shared your sincere comments of the service you received from Carrie, Katie, Christina, Steve and Winston in our team member recognition program. I am fortunate to work with such service-oriented professionals. As you mentioned, the artwork in the guest rooms is unique to our property – and the artwork throughout the hotel is a nod to the art community here in Columbus. If you would like to privately share your confirmation number, we can make a note on your reservation for an outside-facing room preference. We look forward to your return visit!
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed for a recent biz trip over the weekend. Walk way to convention center and location is better suited than the other "convention hotels" The physical plant is in very good condition, Standard rooms can be a little dark if facing the inside atrium. I had several colleges charge rooms because of this. Night time weekend self parking fills from other events in the area as the lot shares with other entities Service was outstanding, Check out to the market around the corner for a great lunch!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank artieboy
Thank you for sharing your experience. As you mentioned, the skybridge connection to the convention center offers easy access to/from the hotel. I understand your preference for an outside-facing room, and we can always make a note on your reservation for a future stay. Glad you had a chance to explore the North Market, it’s a local favorite!
Maryland, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

I spent 3 nights in the Hilton while attending a conference at OSU. The hotel was a pleasant surprise, as was the city of Columbus. The room was nicely appointed -- I loved the bed, and wished that I could have slept longer. The bathroom and shower were wonderful, and the fridge and non-glacial wifi were also appreciated. One downside is that the parking is pricey at $20/night. The location in downtown Columbus is pretty, good, though the convention center area between downtown proper and the Short North district is a little quiet. I enjoyed going running each morning along the Scioto River Trail, which is only about a half mile from the hotel. My HHonors Gold membership didn't get me a free breakfast in the hotel restaurant (it's discounted instead), but the free coffee + pastries in the lobby that came with the Gold status were pretty adequate.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CPtraveller
Thank you for taking the time to write. Columbus is one of the fastest-growing cities in the Midwest! I am glad you enjoyed your stay here and found the hotel to be comfortable (especially the beds). Valet parking provides a much more convenient option and allows for parking until 5pm on the day of departure making it a good value for the $4 incremental charge. Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton brand and we hope to see you back again soon!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

The downtown Columbus Hilton is one of the nicest of the Hilton group properties I've stayed in in the US--and I've stayed in close to 100 of them.

The lobby is clean and modern. The front desk staff is welcoming and efficient. The hall carpets were new and tasteful (and it is pretty rare to find tasteful hall carpets in hotels).

My room was spectacular; it had many of the amenities that other Hilton properties have eliminated such as a refrigerator and robes. Nothing was down-at-the-heel; the view was amazing, the bed comfortable, there were plenty of outlets in all the places one needs them for work, the iron was good quality and the shower spacious--and it had a hand-held shower as well that I value a lot but that is rare in Hilton properties in the US.

The fitness center was exceptional; it was open 24 hours which is important to me and it included more than the basic equipment including a Concept2 rowing machine which is a huge plus for me.

The neighborhood was nice and the hotel was walking distance to my downtown appointments, though that walk might be too long for some people. My room overlooked the railroad tracks but was so well insulted the trains were very hard to hear and the views were worth it.

The Hilton Honors breakfast room was a little small--I suspect it is hard to find a seat at times, but the food was pretty good--much better fresh fruit than most Hiltons and the oatmeal wasn't over-diluted with water (in some places it is more like water with some oats floating in it).

It was a surprisingly pleasant experience; this hotel got everything right.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelingExec53
Thank you for your thorough review. While we appreciate all feedback, certainly we enjoy the compliments all that much more! I’m glad that you found the hotel to be well-appointed. The hotel was designed with the business traveler in mind, including the power outlets which you mentioned. We are fortunate to be located in the middle of the Short North and downtown Columbus! Thank you again for your sharing your experience, we look forward to welcoming you back on a return visit.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I travel for business throughout the United States and this is probably one of the nicest Hilton hotels I have stayed at. Not only is it brand new, but it has its own style with pictures above the bed, the modern look, great workout/swimming facilities with infinity pool. The staff is absolutely great and accommodating! Sarah, front desk manager, goes above an beyond the call of duty each and every time I stay there (have stayed at this hotel nearly 20 times) and she makes you feel right at home with a smile on here face. Both "Johns" at the bar are some of the best bartenders I have ever had. They are very knowledgeable about the drinks and drink combinations, but more impressive is they know how to "sell" the menu making everything sound amazing (I actually feel guilty if I eat somewhere else). If I start a business, I will be putting them on my sales team. The food isn't what you'd find at a normal hotel, but one of a high end boutique hotel, but for a fraction of the cost. It's walking distance to other great eating places, government offices, arena district, and nationwide. Everyone here is very professional, courteous, and to be frank can't say enough about this place.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brant P
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Wow, thank you for such a thoughtful review and for your continued business at our property. The location is definitely perfect to enjoy everything Columbus has to offer! Your comments about the service you receive from Sarah and the Johns are sincerely appreciated. I am fortunate to work with such service-oriented professionals, and have shared your feedback in our team member recognition program. We look forward to seeing you back soon!
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I previously reviewed this location right after they opened and it was nice then but they have done nothing but improve. The executive level is now complete and the lounge is wonderful. Plus it is open and staffed 7 days a week. The pool and workout area are fantastic. The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf is open in the lobby (coffee only, not their frozen drinks). The staff was very friendly. The surrounding Short North area has grown too with a long list of bars and restaurants along the entire mile long stretch. In my limited experience, this is the finest hotel in downtown Columbus.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rather_Nomadic
Thank you for your repeat business and for sharing your experience! We are now in our second year of operation, and as you mentioned, the hotel is fully open including the coffee shop and Executive Lounge. Your comments are sincerely appreciated, we look forward to your future visits!