“Great place to stay if Columbus is your destination”

Hilton Columbus Downtown
Ranked #6 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I am just returning from a conference that took place in the Columbus Hilton Downtown. We have several conferences during the year culminating to this all encompassing event. The locations usually follow the common cities conferences are healed. I.e. San Fran, Phoenix, Orlando, LA etc. This year there was a departure, for many reasons, in the choice of locations. There was apprehension among the company staff and customers in the event taking place in Ohio and the hotel living up to expectations. I am happy to report the Hotel was an excellent choice, the local area had many bars and restaurants to mix up the dining and entertainment. The arena is two blocks away and the conversion center is across the street. We attended a hockey game, a first for many that live abroad or have never attended this type of event. We had 8 conference rooms were well prepared the food during the day time events the hotel served was very good and the last nights dinner with 150 attendees was very good. All entrees were fresh and above the normal catered fare in quality and freshness. The rooms were modern with anything you would need to relax or work. Rooms were quiet even facing the street , elevators were fast even at peak times. Lobby has a coffee bar the 2nd floor has a separate restaurant and bar that also served food from a shared menu. The exercise room was sufficient for most routines and the indoor pool was clean and used by many.
Columbus May not be the ultimate destination but if you need to visit this is the Hotel to book or have an event.

Room Tip: Stay in the rooms facing the atrium. South side has a railroad that does provide some noise. The tr...
1  Thank Dlee1
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for the thorough review! I am glad you enjoyed your experience here in Columbus and at our hotel. We appreciate your comments on the service you received as well as the food options for your conference. Our Executive Chef Bill Glover is passionate about sourcing locally when possible and we're very proud of the elevated menu options he's created. Columbus is an emerging destination that we often hear visitors saying “who knew”? We look forward to your return visit.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Columbus Downtown

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was a guest when the hotel first opened- and I returned again even though I live locally. It was a fantastic stay with great service!

Salt water pool is amazing. Even food service is outstanding- I would only suggest avoiding the waffles. The mix seems to be more of a elephant ear taste than waffle.

Room Tip: Room not near railroad tracks.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BrianO271
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for coming back for a second visit. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay! Allow me to clarify the salt water in the pool. It is a fresh water pool which uses a saltwater chlorinating system resulting in a slightly saline water. Though there is a slight salty taste to the water, it is 1/12 of the salinity of the ocean. Thought you would find that interesting! We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here on 3-25-14 for 2 nights on business. Was attending a trade show at the Columbus Convention Center. Great property, very convenient and a good value. Hotel is less than 2 years old and is immaculate. Bridge to Convention Center is beautiful and very convenient. Room was very clean and quiet. Staff was amazing and I would recommend this to anybody. Lounge is overpriced but nice as well.

1  Thank Ross O

Thank you for your review. You are correct, we are a newly built property and just opened in October 2012. We appreciate your comments about the service you received while staying here!

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Words truly cannot express the horror of our stay. From 3:30 PM when we checked in until 9 AM the following day when we checked out we have heard nothing but screaming teenagers and slamming doors. No less than 9 calls to the front desk and this accomplished nothing. Except sarcastic commentary from a staff member that there was nothing they could do or no where we could be moved as there was a cheerleader convention in town. After traveling with Hilton over 80 times in the last year professionally- all I have to say is- cannot wait to change to the Marriott rewards program. I have had better experiences at one star holiday inns. The level of apathy from staff at this "hotel" is truly mind-blowing.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joan S
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay and particularly regret that you found the staff to be unresponsive to your concerns. As you are aware, there was a Cheerleading event at the Convention Center this weekend which occupied nearly the entire hotel pushing the occupancy and business volume to the limit. While we had appropriately planned and staffed for this level of business, the sheer volume is daunting to say the least and certainly stretched the staff beyond normal limits. My team did their utmost to address your concerns including repeated offers of a room move and upgrade to a suite which we thought would provide more isolation as well as sending up apology amenities and extending a late checkout. Additional security patrols were added to your floor even stationing a team member there at one point. The Front Desk Manager also reversed the Hilton HHonors points used for your certificate stay by way of apology but unfortunately did not get the opportunity to relay that to you at checkout. As General Manager, I accept full responsibility for the actions of the team and your experience. While I understand your frustration, I do want you to know that my staff did their best to address your concerns though recognize it was not the best weekend for a quiet get-away given the group in house. I have also reached out to you personally by phone and email and hope we will have the opportunity to regain your trust and confidence on a future visit.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I was in town briefly for a stay at the Downtown Columbus Hilton earlier this week. During check in I was chatting with Taylor about how busy I've been and asked if there was somewhere I could have my shoes shined, with out hesitation she says "I will do it, I don't mind!" (mind you this was around midnight or so...) I truly appreciate her taking the time and helping me out on such short notice.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your comments about the service you received from Taylor. I am fortunate to work with such a service-minded professional, and have shared your note in our Team Member recognition program. Glad you had a nice stay!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

The Hilton hotel in downtown Columbus is in a great location right next to the Arena District. You are within easy walking distance of sporting events, convention facilities, theatre, and lots of variety when it comes to restaurant choices including the North Market.

The hotel itself is new and very contemporary in design. The room sizes are a bit smaller than other Hilton hotels in which I have stayed in the past. It seems as though the space in the room has been allocated more towards the bathroom vs. older Hilton facilities.

The hotel also has very nice Executive floor amenities including a very nice lounge which serves a complimentary breakfast each morning and snacks throughout the day.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you have business or are attending other events in the downtown Columbus area. Just one word of caution in regards to using Room Service. As with many hotels, Room Service is very expensive. Not so much the prices on the menu, but rather the add-on charges.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write! As you mentioned, we are a fairly new property having just opened in October 2012. We are fortunate to be located in the center of it all in downtown Columbus! We appreciate your comments regarding the hotel’s design and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed at this Hilton while attending a convention in Columbus. We stay at this Hilton each time we come to town for a convention or our grand daughter's competition. The location is terrific and the accommodations couldn't have been better. It's connected to the convention center. The only drawback to staying at this Hilton is that the rooms are pricey. It's a new facility with many amenities but they could bring the cost down to allow more people to stay there.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. Glad you have enjoyed staying with us and found the direct access to the Convention Center to be convenient!