“Amazing Bbq!!”

Gallo's Pit Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Amazing Bbq!!”
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

Hands down, the best ribs, mac and cheese and cheesy potatoes I have ever had! The only draw back was how hot the restaurant was.

• Visited July 2013

“Good food, poor service”
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

The food is great. The brisket and pork were both good, the chicken is a little bland. Their spicy BBQ sauce is juts hot enough but not too spicy. Our service was very poor. We sat with empty drinks for 45 minutes before our food came out. How long does it take to put already cooked brisket and macaroni on a plate. The place wasn't overly busy. Its a good thing we weren't in a hurry.

• Visited May 2013
“Outstanding barbeque in Linworth”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We had the brisket BBQ platter and it was excellent. Two sauces are good and sides are also. Plenty of food for dinner and a lunch at home. This is excellent BBQ, maybe the best in Columbus. We will go back soon. Wait staff is also good and helpful. For you history buffs, this building was originally a Dairy Queen, and then a BBQ with several owners. Atmosphere is casual. Good luck to new owners. They are putting out a good product

• Visited November 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“There's better BBQ in Columbus”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I try to be fair so these reviews are helpful, so when I came here a week after they opened I figured I had to give them about 4-5 months to iron out the wrinkles.

The restaurant is small, and dark inside. But plenty of room on the patio if the weather permits

Not all is bad here. We tried the loaded hand cut fried, with pulled pork as the topping. The pulled pork was very good and very juicy. Fries were also good.

I gave the prime rib a try as my main meal. I chose baked beans with bacon and the cheesy potatoes as my sides. Both of the sides were good.

The prime rib, on the other hand, was definitely the worst I've ever had. The cut itself was full of fat. I realize that there is plenty of fat on prime rib, but on a good cut you just put it aside and eat the "heart" of it.

But even the middle was full of stringy fat. It just couldn't be eaten.

The ribs are okay, if you like a dry southern rub type of rib. I personally don't, but if you go here, my advice is by all means stay away from the prime rib, and instead order what they specialize in, which is the pulled pork, chicken and ribs.

But even then, City BBQ is better, and cheaper

• Visited October 2012
TailgateJeff
“Good BBQ in Columbus”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Gallo's is a BBQ restaurant is a geat roadside restaurant with great service and very good BBQ.

While not a huge menu, everything they offer (ribs,chicken and pulled pork) is very good. The 2 sauces (a spicy sauce and a sweet) are very good as well. I think the pulled pork sandwich is the best menu item although they need to serve their sandwiches with pickles like they do down South.

Gallo's also offers a huge selection of beer alson with a full bar. The outside dining area is confortable even in the July heat. The inside is a little cramped and the bar is on the small side, but it's all very clean and comfortable.

I've tried all the BBQ place in Columbus and I think that Gallo's is the best.

• Visited September 2012