“Best Mexican food with awesome service.”
Review of Rancho Alegre

Rancho Alegre
Ranked #1,332 of 2,301 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Went with a friend after work on a Tuesday, We both loved our meals. We started with an appetizer that a friend recommended that we described to our waitress and she knew exactly what we wanted. In a hot dish was a dip that had a layer of chorizo topped with chunks of fresh avocados and smothered in white cheese sauce. OMG, we had warm chips to scoop it up and fresh salsa too.
I had chicken Brest topped with 1/2 dozen grilled shrimp, peppers and onions drizzled with white cheese with rice and beans. My friend had a burrito stuffed with Shrimp that she said was perfectly cooked. Neither one of us could finish our meals but I really tried!
Our service was friendly and our waitress was willing to help us choose from the many dishes offered on the menu. This place is a keeper- -- loved it!

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

This is our favorite Mexican restaurant. The seafood fahitas are very good and the frozen Margaritas are fantastic!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Definitely one of the best Mexican restaurants we've been to. They have a good selection of food, which is some of the best tasting I've ever had -- especially their guacamole! Portions are very large, so you won't leave hungry.

About the only complaint I have for this location is the size of the booths. The seats are movable, and the past few times we've eaten here we've been squished up against the table. This last time, we had to ask the waitress to move the seats so that we could actually eat without holding our breath. Their new location in the Kingsdale Shopping Center, though, has more room.

Overall, though, one of our favorite restaurants.

Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

This is my favorite Mexican restaurant in Columbus. Great food and drink specials. The chorizo cheese dip could be my favorite appetizer ever! The fajita quesadilla is enormous and amazing! They just opened up a new location in UA also!

Reviewed 5 March 2013

We chose this place over El Vaquero's, in hopes to find a new authentic Mexican restaurant. I won't be back for the food, any time soon. I was shocked they didn't have any "drink specials" but, they did have a Sunday fajita special. Sadly, I could not stay long after I ordered my shrimp fajita's due to a sudden illness. I was able to taste their chips and salsa. The salsa was better than most! It had a "kick" to it. Unfortunately, they did NOT offer a "queso dip." They offered nacho cheese dip. I thought that was weird. I was disappointed, no queso! I was also looking for pinto beans or black beans...no go!
After I had to order my things to go and made it home, I tried the fajita's...I wouldn't get this again. The fajita's were bland. Better luck next time...on someone else's time.