“convenient and comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #107 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Coshocton, Ohio
“convenient and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

The staff was very friendly. We used the shuttle for the airport the following morning, leaving our car at the motel. The shuttle picked us up after our vacation. Our car was safe for the week we were gone. We've stayed here three or four times for trips out of the state. Will definitely do again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Mc Arthur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on the night of our wedding because we had an early flight the next day and the hotel offered free shuttle service and parking. The hotel itself is OK, nothing special. What really impressed me was on our return to the hotel from the airport. They stop shuttle service at midnight and our plane landed at 11:50. I called to request a pickup and the lady on the phone said no problem. The gentleman picked us up 15 minutes later and was extremely pleasant. He dropped us off right by my car, which just happened to have a dead battery. Without any hesitation he offered to come Jumpstart me with his personal car after he clocked out because he was supposed to get off work at midnight. I would go back again based on this person alone!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
SF Bay Area, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

After staying two nights at the Days Inn via a Hotwire opaque booking ($64 + taxes/fees per night for the 2-star category in the Columbus Airport zone), I'm a bit stunned at the negative reviews here. I found it a basic, quiet, mostly clean hotel that is being maintained at a modest level.

It's true that the airport rental car counter employee suggested I should not go for a walk outside the hotel, not even to the tasty-looking taqueria nearby (I never did find it), because the neighborhood isn't the best. However, it looked like a basic airport industrial neighborhood to me. Thrifty car rental lot next door, 7up bottling plant a bit further down, then the airfield.

It's true that the hallway by my room, in building C, smelled like smoke. However, my room did not, at all. The hotel has a faded appearance--a beautiful atrium where there was, each day from 4 am - 10 am, a very basic breakfast consisting of packets of oatmeal, two trays of poor-quality pastry, some small boxes of sugary breakfast cereal, some bread (or maybe bagels), apples, orange juice, milk, and coffee. I saw two guests who'd brought their own freezer waffles, which they toasted in the available toaster. The oatmeal was fine.

The pool looked nice, though I didn't use it, and the hotel seemed to be maintained at a basic level--as though it was being maintained by a handyman. Everything is a bit faded, and although it seems the rooms have been updated, the public areas have not. You could imagine the hotel gradually sliding into disrepair. There once was a restaurant/bar in the atrium. In fact, it's still there, with the glasses still hanging in their racks, but it appeared not to have been used in a long time. There are water stains on many of the ceilings, including in my room, the atrium, and hallways; the wallpaper has been patched, often inexpertly; my room's carpet, which seemed otherwise clean, had a patch of gum that hadn't been removed (it would have to be cut out). I was reminded of those photos of buildings that had been abandoned, only this one is still clean, being maintained at a basic level, and being used as a hotel. Although there were many cars in the substantial parking lot, indicating a good number of guests, my part of the hotel was super-quiet. I slept well.

It's not the Hampton Inn. But my room was quiet and your basic large American hotel room size, the elevator was fast, the bed was firm, and there was shampoo, conditioner, and soap. The window a/c cooled my room down fine in about 20-30 minutes (but, like other window air conditioners, could be either on (low or high) or off--meaning on a warm summer night, it was on: white noise during the night). There was a decent-sized tube TV with a bunch of network and cable channels.

Without exception, the staff was pleasant and helpful, and the guests seemed pleasant, too (and also quiet). The hotel has a shuttle to/from the airport that runs until midnight (you have to call the hotel for pickup). If you have a car, it's a quick 10-minute drive to downtown Columbus. My alternative, on this trip, was $140+ per night for a downtown hotel (plus parking). The Days Inn was an easy and cheap alternative. Next time, I'd probably choose a different hotel, just for a change of scene, but this place would be fine again if I was just passing through.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank hayden22
San Francisco
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

The telephone in my room was never working to receive urgent calls from my colleagues and home. I complained to the front desk on very first day, they also sent someone to inspect the phone in my room. The phone was then promised to be fixed by evening on first day. However, it was never repaired for my entire booking!

I have very difficult situation and has to pay excessive cost for the absence of this facility.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Candlewood Suites Columbus Airport
BEST WESTERN Port Columbus
BEST WESTERN Port Columbus
#46 of 143 in Columbus
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Airport

Been to Days Inn Columbus Airport? Share your experiences!