“Go for the Hot and Sour Soup”
Review of Lotus Grill

Lotus Grill
Ranked #577 of 2,243 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Chinese
London
“Go for the Hot and Sour Soup”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Convenient to the hotel, delicious and fresh Chinese Food. The Hot and Sour Soup is excellent. Service is fast and the price point is very reasonable.

Visited January 2014

Columbus, Ohio
“Really good fast food”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I have different expectation for Asian restaurants based on the speed in which the food is prepared. For faster Asian restaurants I expect a little less, so for what this place is, it gets 5 stars in my book. Very fast service and lots of options to choose from. They even have non-English menu which tells me people who know about this type of food eat here.

I had a really good tofu dish, and a recommended noodle dish. Can't wait to try more food here!

Visited June 2013
Columbus, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love Chinese cuisine”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Love having Singapore noodles, szichuan chicken chow spicy haven't tried rest but liked what I had. You can try it. And service is very quick for to go

Cleveland, Ohio
“A Big Fresh step above take-out”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This place looks like your typical Chinese take-out joint, but it is much better than that. Everything is made to order and the quality and freshness of ingredients is fantastic. I ate-in one night for dinner and got the Singapore noodels and won ton soup. The soup had little won ton purses that I have only seen in some of the more top-notch Chinese restaurants, and the broth was light and flavorful - the perfect hint of white pepper. When the noodles came out, the plate was loaded, piled high with noodles, veges, chicken and shrimp. It was one great plate of food and all for about $9.00. The guy behind the counter was very personable as well. It was so good, I skipped a free lunch at a convention I was attending at a hotel accross the street the next day just to come here for lunch which was also delicious. I now see why the place always has Asian locals eating there. They have both Chinese and Thai food on the menu.

• Visited May 2013
Ohio
“Good Eats!”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I love this place and eat here often.

The food on the regular menu is excellent, yet the food on the "Chinese menu" is awesome! The potions are large and make for a supper and next day's lunch. The food you get from the Chinese menu will vary with what the chef has on hand. You would only notice this if you eat here often. My favorite fish dish is expertly seasoned and delicious. I recently went to another Chinese restaurant in town that had signs all over it about the awards it has won....I had the same fish dish there and the Lotus version is the winner hands down. My lunch buddy gets this beef dish that comes in a big bowl that looks divine (I don't eat red meat). I wish I could tell you the names of these dishes but the menu is in Chinese. Just ask Chang at the register about what is on the menu. Chang is quite quirky. Ask him about the Cleveland Indians.

The decor of Lotus Grill is typical of Chinese places around town. The booths are comfortable. It's not cold and open so you can have a discussion with your lunch companions without other people being able to hear you.

All in all, good food, good staff, and since the staff if made up of a family, this is a family place, too.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Lotus Grill? Share your experiences!