“delicious food, slow service”
Review of Till Dynamic Fare - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Till Dynamic Fare
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Worthington St
Columbus, Ohio
“delicious food, slow service”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Visited this restaurant when it was 'Dragonfly', which served overpriced, small stacks of vegan foods. As "Till" the restaurant has been reborn as a local food movement showplace that highlights biodynamically-grown foods. I'm an omnivore but tried the 'southern fried tofu' with vegan mac-n- 'cheese' and greens. It was delicious and I'd have it again. The list of wines and beers on tap is impressive. The atmosphere is rustic, hip, comfortable. The food was reasonably priced. The only thing holding me back from 5 vs a rating of 4 is that we experienced slow service at every stage of the meal. From reading the other reviews this seems like a consistent issue. It won't prevent me from returning to Till though.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank TenaciousBees

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“good food/staff”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I had the Sea Trout in Two Preparations: plank roasted, house-cured gravlax. The gravlax was great, and the roasted was just fine. The server did have some issues describing the fish, as sea trout seems an oxymoron, and it looked and tasted like salmon. I didn't have desert or an appetizer, but did have drinks, which were fine, though could have been a tad stronger. I think its a good casual place for a meal.

• Visited November 2012
“Something New For Dinner”
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We visited Till while on vacation in Columbus. No one in our group was a vegetarian, but a friend had highly recommended it, so we made a dinner reservation for Sunday night. Unfortunately, when we arrived we were told that they couldn't serve alcohol on Sunday... and everyone in our group had been looking forward to having drinks. We decided to stay anyway and were the only people in the restaurant with the exception of one person sitting at the bar. The service was fine. The food took quite some time to prepare, but that's to be expected since almost everyone at our table ordered the chicken. It was very flavorful and fresh tasting. I would like a vegetable or starch to accompany it, but it was still very tasty nonetheless. I tried a strawberry shrub, which I liked, but everyone else who tried it thought it was repulsive, lol! We also enjoyed the poutine. To be honest I was a bit underwhelmed by the restaurant/food as my expectations were quite high after hearing our friends rave about it.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank SummerBreeze66
jcbexleyoh
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Four of us had lunch here: two omnivores, two vegetarians.

The server appeared interested and attentive but he did not come through with the details even though he had time: the place was empty. He should have noted that our guests had much more of the marrow appetizer left but no more toast points. He did not offer any more and much of the dish was left on the plate. He also did not offer cream with the two coffees ordered, an oversight for a place that has at its root an appreciation for details and subtlety.

The omnivores enjoyed the roasted marrow and chicken with donuts very much. The problem was the menu didn't indicate the chicken was wings and our guest was surprised and a bit disappointed. But he adored the seasoning and the savory cheesy donut.

One meatless dish, the pizza with egg, was bland and disappointing. No offer of salt for the egg, no herbs or seasoning apparent in the sauce. In the end a third of it was left behind. Not usual for my husband who is not a fussy eater.

The veg burger was ok. There was just one rather heavy yeasty taste. Each bite was the same and it became less appealing with each bite. My hungry husband ate the other half preferring that to his pizza.

Surprisingly, though rooted in fine meatless cooking, the meat dishes fared the best in our experience. But with so many good options for vegetarians in town, we vegetarians will not be back.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank jcbexleyoh
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Honest, well-prepared foods.”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Went with old friends, locals, on their recommendation.

My beet salad was delicious. The trout was nice and well prepared.

Our service was good. The room a bit spare, but pleasant.

• Visited October 2012