“A MUST in Columbus, Ohio!!!”

Schmidt’s Sausage Haus und Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 56 Dessert in Columbus
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: German
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: This iconic German Village restaurant is the perfect place to celebrate with family and friends. For five generations we have been serving authentic German food. Our sausage has become so famous that the Bahama Mama has been voted the official food of Columbus and the building is registered as a historic landmark. Come take a trip around our Autobahn Buffet or, if you want something other than sausage, try one of our traditional German dinners. Of course, for dessert, you can have one of our half-pound jumbo cream puffs. Stop in today and celebrate with us!
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I have been going to Schmidt's since I was a little girl!! I am now a senior citizen (in age only!) My parents took us there all the time. We took our daughters there all the time. It is a must for my husband. He loves the Bahama Mamas and potato salad. I love the brats and potato pancakes. The desserts are to die for (well sort of!) They ship everywhere!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,271)

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We drove around German Village first and it was a delighful neighborhood. Then we went and had lunch at Schmidt's as I had heard how good they were. The food was good, the place was crowded, but we didnt have to wait at all. The first booth they sat us in had a funky smell to is and we asked to be moved about halfway thru our meal. They didnt have any problems with that and moved us to a table right in front of the big picture window. It was much better there. We took some creme puffs home and they were yummy. Its worth a visit if you are in the area.

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

I read the reviews and not wish list had not eaten the buffet we went late Sunday afternoon before the crowds came which they did which we was there the sausage was OK like the chicken better which leads should have when looking watched Man VS Food the creme puffs was included with the buffet which currently it is not plus the buffet was $15 dollars and not worth that at all our waiter was excellent quickly taking away ournursejackie313@gmail.com used plates and refilled our water the chocolate creme puff the creme part was delish just not the puff part l can only talk about the buffet which l was not crazy about

Reviewed 5 December 2013

My wife and I have traveled in Germany and Austria a number of times, so it was fun to eat at such an authentic German restaurant. The live music was a nice touch. The menu offered a great selection of German foods. The meals were just average in taste but certainly reminded us of restaurants in Germany. Fun experience, we have eaten here twice now and enjoyed both visits.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

If you're anywhere near Columbus, Ohio, & like German food, make sure you take time to go to Schmidt's. The food & service are excellent. In fact, one of my German friends who visited Ohio & ate at Schmidt's said with a huge smile, "This is just like my mom makes!" You can order from the menu or go through the all-you-can-eat buffet. If you're too full to have dessert while you're there, take some home with you; everything I've tried has been wonderful, but my personal favorite is their cream puffs. The restaurant also has live German music performances; call the restaurant to find out dates & times. One caveat: At dinner time, Schmidt's gets extremely busy & has a long line; so allow plenty of time to be seated & eat (it's worth the wait!), or try to go at a non-peak eating time.