“good, but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Smith & Wollensky

Smith & Wollensky
Reserve with OpenTable
Smith & Wollensky is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #144 of 2,224 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$15 - US$48
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Bond St.
Description: A door to another time. The antique stained oak revolving door lets guests know they're about to enter a world of timeless luxury and gracious hospitality. The flagship of the elegant Easton Town Center, the multi-story iconic green-and-white building offers an atmosphere that is refined but never fussy. Whether you're planning an intimate gathering or a festive soiree, our multitude of vintage-inspired dining rooms and casual bar offer a welcome place to enjoy good company.
London, Ohio
“good, but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We normally don't dine at the high end restaurants, but received a $150 gift card to S&W.

Location
S&W is located at Easton near Nordstroms. It is a great location and they have valet parking. We prefer to park in a garage or surface lot since you have to drive through a lot of Easton to get to S&W. This is slow going due to all the pedestrian traffic.

Facility.
The restaurant is very elegant and well appointed, which you would expect from a high end restaurant. We dined on the patio the other night and it was perfect. The bathroom are clean and well done, but dimly lit.

Service.
The service was excellent. The wait staff are seasoned professionals and clearly stand apart from the typical 20 something you get at your local eatery. As stated before we don't normally dine at fancy places like this. One of the reasons is because the wait staff can be condescending and a boorish. Not the case at S&W Columbus.

Food.
The Food was good to excellent. If one considers quality irrespective of cost, the quality is certainly top notch, but once you factor in the cost, I have to lower the overall quality score. The main reason for the drop is that I can get comparable quality food at other restaurants for much less. The bread the serve with the meal is awesome. Freshly baked with just enough butter to sweeten it up and then they sprinkle a little salt on top. Almost tastes like a hot pretzel from the fair.

Price.
We split a 21oz NY strip steak and side of hash browns. We each got a salad, and one piece of cake for dessert. The total bill was just north of $100 before tip.

Overall.
Overall we had a very pleasant experience at S&W Columbus. We will be going back since we still have $45 left on our gift card. Once that gift card is consumed we will most likely not return. Not because we did not enjoy the atmosphere, food, or service, but mainly because when all is considered, we can get a comparable meal at other restaurants and keep a lot more cash in the pocket.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank GoJo82
Chip M, General Manager at Smith & Wollensky, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Good afternoon,

Thank you for your review; we appreciate your business and your kind words! Please let me know of your next visit, I would like to greet you in person. Until then, on behalf of my entire staff, thank you and we look forward to hosting you again!

Hong Kong, China
“Great cozy outdoor corner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

They actually got a great outside corner, which is good for big group drinks gathering. The drink that they serve is awesome, I definitely had a few of them. The bar food though wasn't of any surprise.. wasn't bad, but it wasn't something you'll remember either. Nonetheless this is a good get together place.

• Visited May 2014
Barboursville, WV
“Very expensive, food just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

My Mom, sister and I had lunch here on our last day of shopping at Easton. We ordered appetizers, salads and two cocktails. The bill was $170. The crab stuffed shrimp were tough and the salads were huge but not anything special. Our server was the highlight of the experience, he was very attentive and engaging. We were seated in the center of the restaurant with no view to the outside. It was not the kind of experience you would expect when you're paying that much money for lunch. We had an amazing dinner the night before at Marcella's in the Short North with wine, drinks, and tons of incredible food for significantly less money.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank luna_304
Chip M, General Manager at Smith & Wollensky, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Good afternoon,

We appreciate your review and feedback, we strive to be the best in every way possible; your input is a very valuable asset for us to achieve this. If possible, I would like to speak to you personally to better inform myself of your experience. You can contact me directly at 614-416-2400 or if email is easiest you can reach me at cmullen@swrg.com. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you!

Westerville, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“steak!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Loved the atmosphere! Sophisticated, classy and delicious! We ordered an enourmous steak that melted in our mouth. Im drooling thinking about it now! Love love love this place

• Visited July 2013
Huntersville, North Carolina
“The only USDA Prime Steakhouse in Columbus worth visiting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Title of the review says all. I have spent 13 weeks traveling to Columbus and have been to all the so called Prime steakhouses in the city. The only one that deserved my 5 stars was S&W. Went there for lunch and since it was not too busy I sat at the bar and got an amazing bartender. I had the Gorgonzola filet mignon and it was fabulous. Filet Mignon usually does not carry as much flavor as the rib-eye does, but the S&W one had lots of flavor and it was cooked to perfection. The other think I liked is that they offer the full size sizes and half portion of the sizes while other steakhouses make you buy the whole thing. If you are thinking about Hyde Park or Eddie Merlots over S&W don't think further, come over here for a fantastic experience. It is okay to make a mistake in a cheap restaurant, but once you make a mistake on a expensive one, it makes you extremely frustrated.

The restaurant has the so called Chef table and the Wine Room table. Make sure to reserve one of these for your special occasion!

• Visited May 2014
Good afternoon Eduardo,

Columbus, Ohio

Been to Smith & Wollensky? Share your experiences!