“Good food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I went to this restaurant with 3 of my colleagues from work for dinner. The food is yummy and the service was OK. We really enjoyed the food. For appetizer, we ordered fried iddly, rasa vada, and chilli pakoras. For dinner, we had dosa, veg manchurian, malai kofta and aloo paratha.

• Visited April 2014

Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“food good;”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

food good; restaurant need to be maintained clean; lunch buffet is a value;
if you plan on ordering a-la-carte.. forget abt it..
service is really poor.. need to wait for a long time to get what you want..
sometimes not all will be available..need to ask and remind what we want two times to get what we want..

• Visited September 2013
Stuttgart, Germany
“I love Udipi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

I love eating at Udipi. The lunch buffet is great, but try to go early for the best quality food. On holidays this place is packed with a line going out the door. The food is all vegetarian and South Indian. I highly recommend getting the buffet so you can try everything. There are several reviews about poor service. As one other reviewer said, it's "minimal service", which I find to be very common among authentic Indian places. The people who work here haven't adapted their behavior for the American market. Of course, this doesn't excuse rude behavior, but I've never had any issue with them.

• Visited June 2013
Pennington, New Jersey
“Improve your service and quality of food to get a better rating!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

I hope the title of my review tells everything! The samosa was dry, sambar was watery and chutney did not have much flavor. Rasamalai tasted old and sugary. The food was nothing like what we get from udipi cafes in south india.

• Visited August 2013
Miamisburg, Ohio
“Long wait for an ordinary food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

The service, reception was pathetic to start off with. I had gone there with 9 of my friends & our orders took more than 75 minutes to reach us. The management did not even care a damn. No water refill was offered too. We ordered Kancheepuram Idli, Pongal and different Dosa's.Dosa's were good and nothing to complain, but Kancheepuram Idli and Pongal was Awful. *Kancheepuram Idli is not a normal/usual idli colored yellow with Cashew, Corriander leaves decorated at the top. I am from Kancheepuram and it was pathetic to see people claim this colored Idli as Kancheepuram Idli. Please visit Kanchipuram and have good Kanchipuram Idli to see the difference yourselves. * Pongal's consistency was bad too. Rice wasn't properly cooked and the rice wasn't mashed as it should be in a Pongal. Sambhar was justtoo watery. Aviyal was excellent though. On complaining to the management about the delay and the food quality, manager said it was because of their employee shortage and did not even apologized. This is not the first time this has happened to me. This is in fact the second time, I had this reception. I had ordered Dosa's then and escaped. Verdict: If you are prepared to wait for more than an hour and eat a very ordinary food, then this is the place for you.

• Visited August 2013