“Best Korean Restaurant in West Central Georgia”

Min-ga Korean Restaurant
Ranked #194 of 2,235 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Korean, Mexican
Nebo, Illinois
“Best Korean Restaurant in West Central Georgia”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I can’t say enough good things about Min-ga. I have traveled in Korea (US Army), and had the real thing. This is the real deal, not Anglicized like so many oriental establishments. Highly recommend, especially if you are trying to impress someone or a business client.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank SlingshotGA

Columbus, Ohio
“Reliably delicious!!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We have been here a number of times, and are never disappointed! It is always full of Korean patrons .... the first good sign.......... and the atmosphere is cheerful. The wait staff are attentive, and the food is DELICIOUS !

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank manxbabe81
Ashland, Ohio
“Good, but not quite what we were hoping for”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My sister and I recently went to Min-ga for the first time since she had been craving some authentic Korean food. We both ordered the Bibimbop. It was my first time having this dish, but my sister has eaten it many times and enjoys it very much. As I wasn't familiar with the dish, I had little point of reference and I thought it was pretty good, the quality of the meat was excellent, but I didn't enjoy the lettuce in it at all. I thought it added a weird texture/flavor that didn't suit the dish. My sister felt the same way about the lettuce, and told me that it not typical for Bibimbop and was very disappointed because the lettuce seemed to be a substitution for the traditional fern stems. In the photos she has seen from Min-ga the Bibimbop came with the traditional fern stems, and this was one of her two reasons for selecting this particular Korean restaurant to try. She also felt that the amount of spinach was less than typical. Her other main reason for selecting Min-ga was seeing pictures of the seaweed salad, her favorite banchan. We weren't served it. I'm not sure if we weren't served the whole array on banchan (we only got 5) because we were there for lunch, or for some other reason, but the table that came in right after us had a larger selection brought to them (8 or 9) including the seaweed salad my sister had been hoping for. There was no notation on the lunch menu that it would be served with fewer/different banchan if that was the case.

The food was tasty overall, generous portions for the price (at least for the lunch price) and the leftovers were quickly eaten, but this just didn't meet up to expectations. We may go back sometime, but will probably try other Korean restaurants beforehand.

• Visited February 2014
Dover, Ohio
“Happy little place..”
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Had a large party of 7, adults and kids. Luckily all vegetable eaters. Everyone enjoyed their meals even if they weren't sure what they were getting. I ordered the Soondae, Korean blood sausage I think. It was ok. The young man serving us was nice and indulged me speaking Korean. The place was full. No empty tables, that's a good sign.

1 Thank DamianOgre
Huntsville, Alabama
“Authentic Korean food”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Had dinner at Minga on Sunday. Many Korean restaurants are not open on Sunday, but this is. I had the kimchee jaegae, which was good. Another member had chajang mein, with was pretty similar to the kind that you would get in Chinese restaurants in Korea. Another in our party got the kalbi. The kalbi was pretty fatty but some people like their kalbi with a bit of fat on it. The side dishes, ban chan, were also pretty good. The prices at Minga was slightly more than what usually I pay at other Korean restaurants but it was not excessive.

• Visited September 2013