“Parking lot was packed!”

Imperial Garden Restaurant
Ranked #864 of 2,285 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place to eat prior to seeing a movie. We drove by and notice the parking lot was packed. We pulled up the menu online prior to going in. Prices are what is expected. There was a large group that had a good part of place filled up. I had the egg foo young and my wife had the hunan beef. The food and the service were great!

Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

This was my first time to dine at this restaurant. The business of the plaza seemed not very prosperous on Sunday late morning. After watching a movie, of course we were hungry for sure. I was so glad to discover this place. They did not serve regular Chinese buffet dishes, but lots of Taiwanese delicacies, including stewed pig feet and ears, garlic sauce Asian eggplant, rice soup with thousand years egg etc.

If you do not like to try non-Americanized Chinese food, this place could be somewhat "fear factor". Otherwise, you will enjoy the tasty food. My Caucasian boyfriend did not like some of their dishes because of their texture, but he loved most of the dishes!! The owners of this place came from northern Taiwan and have run this place for 10 years. They even have an American waiter who can speak Mandarin, too. So excited to have another place to eat and feel like I am in my home country, Taiwan again!!!!

1  Thank yipaoc
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I live in the area. For a while we have been looking for a good chinese place. I have gotten take out from this place over 10 times. They are always spot on the money with pickup timing and really great service. Not very expense but gives a lot of food. Very happy with the place and have no complaints thus far.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Wanted a good Wor su Gai....it wasn't. The sauce was totally off and oddly red. The lettuce was very old too. Chicken wings were good but small.