“Like Visiting A Nice Family's Home”

Juergen's Traditional Bavarian
Ranked #1,347 of 2,244 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: German
Richmond, Virginia
“Like Visiting A Nice Family's Home”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We arrived for a late lunch and found a baby-shower about to begin. Despite the hub-bub of setting up for 30+ guests we were well served and the food was really good. The Jaeger Schnitzel was a standout, as were the sides (kraut, potato salad, cucumber salad, wonderful breads).

My Bratwurst was decent, but not great...that said, I'm a sausage-snob who ate his way in sausage across Poland a few years ago. I should have gone for one of the Schnitzels. Still, the delightful staff and guests (a local priest helping to decorate the tables) plus a couple of bottles of Spaten made me feel like a welcomed guest, not a short-term tourist.

Be sure to get a few pastries. We grabbed ours to go and had them at tea-time. Definitely a spot to visit more than once, and very reasonable. I'm reminded of other homey places I love, places that have the character of years upon them--Daquise Polish Restaurant in London, El Bernadino (before its face lift) in Segovia, Spain.

• Visited October 2013

Granville, Ohio
“Most authentic German Restaurant in Columbus”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Juergens is located in German Village, Columbus, OH. While there are many good restaurants in German Village Juergens is, in my opinion, the most authentic German Restaurant in German Village. Frau Keidel is originally from Germany and all the pasteries and food are from old German recipes. Without a doupt the finest pasteries in town. The place is small and sometimes the service can be a little slow, but they try not to rush the customers and if they are not busy Frau Keidel may come and talk with you. When they are busy parking can be a bit of a problem. You must park on the street or in the small lot beside the restaurant. I have been to Germany many times and the decor in this place reminds be of many places I visited over there.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Chuck50390
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“A Pleasant but Average Place for Lunch”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My wife and I and another couple stopped for lunch at 1:15 p.m. on a Wednesday in July. The restaurant is located at 525 S. 4th Street and not Spruce Street as stated above. The restaurant had German decor, and soft music played in the background.

I had the potatoes and hot lunch meat, and the others had streusel spinach with cheese, pork goulash, and bratwurst and potato salad with sauerkraut. I did not like the taste of the lunch meat, but the others were satisfied with their orders. For dessert we had coconut bavarian cake, which was good. All in all, Juergen's was a pleasant but average place for lunch.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Glenn52
Orlando, Florida
“Good pastry and service but....”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We were driving thru Columbus and saw the German village was convenient to I-70. Juergen's was the first place we found (525 S 4th Street - NOT on Spruce). Our lunch meals were only fair but the service and pastries were VERY good. Fairly authentic decor but it looks like it has seen better days. I suppose we wouldn't mind going back but we will try other places first.

• Visited March 2013
Livonia
“Quaint and offbeat”
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Great authentic German dishes, drinks, snacks, & baked goods. Rose Marie was so friendly. We'll be back.

Visited November 2012