“Best restaurant in Columbus”

Mitchell's Ocean Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Ocean Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 2,228 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$25 - US$60
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant in Columbus”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My wife and I have eaten at Mitchell's Ocean Club about 50 times......been going since they first opened......three times in the past week. It is "as good as it gets" in Columbus........ambiance, location, parking, food, service all are top notch. It is pricey, but so are the other best restaurants in Columbus. While their seafood is the best in Columbus (in my estimation) their steaks are also wonderful.

• Korean first
Columbus, Ohio
“One of my favorite local restaurants!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I eat here once a month and I have never had a bad meal...seriously. Service is always impeccable and the food...lets just say that I wont stop until I have tried everything!
I like to order the special of the day but some of my repeat favorites are the crab bisque, the filet mignon is always perfect, and if you love seafood I adore the Shellfish Cobb Salad which is generously packed with tons of fresh chilled seafood! Easily order it as your meal or share it with someone because its huge!

• Visited March 2014
Newark, Ohio
“Our new favorite restaurant”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Amazing! So good after our first visit we brought my parents back two weeks later. We are addicted to the smoked gouda tater tots. Who would have thought tater tots could taste so decadent?! You must try them. The truffle mac and cheese is crazy good too. We're not huge calamari fans, but ordered the appetizer upon the recommendation of our waitress...we were not disappointed. The salmon was the best we've ever tasted anywhere. The sea bass was delicious. My Mom wanted some shrimp, which wasn't on the menu as an entree, but the waitress said no problem, and had the chef cook her up a plate of blackened shrimp. The service is outstanding. The meal was expensive, but it's worth it. Ask for a seat by the windows, it's not as loud over there as it is in the middle of the restaurant. We had reservations both times and it appears they were needed, the place was packed. We had no idea something this upscale was at Easton. If you haven't tried it yet you need to. Highly recommend!

Columbus, Ohio
“The Best Seafood in the City”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I have eaten at Ocean Club many times and have never been disappointed. The seafood is fresh and seasoned to perfection. They also have good chicken and salads. My favorite side there is the lobster mashed potatoes. They are seriously to die for. The drinks are also really great. My favorite cocktail is the berries & bubbles. If you have never had it, you just have to try it, if you are in the mood for a sweet cocktail. It is not too sweet, just the right amount. I also love that they allow their customers to create items that are not on the menu. The customer service is some of the best I have come across. The ambiance can be really romantic especially when they have someone playing the piano.

1 Thank Kristin R
Charleston, South Carolina
“Fresh seafood far away from the coast”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

It's advertised as the modern american supper club. Cameron Mitchell's Ocean Club, opened in 2006, sits tucked away within the confines of the Easton Town Center shopping mecca. Personally, I was shocked that such a great restaurant could be inside of a glorified shopping mall but there it was.

The service was top notch other than a few drops of wine on the table cloth. The wine list is delivered on a tablet and the server was able to recommend a few from the list without looking.

I had the chilean sea bass with a champagne truffle sauce which was beautifully prepared. My colleagues and I shared the truffle mac n cheese, tuna tartar, as well as the surf n turf appetizer. All of the dishes looked and tasted great.

The menu also has a variety of steaks which I've heard are excellent as well.

Overall a great experience from food, ambience, and service. I would definitely go back.

2 Thank mattbrendle

Been to Mitchell's Ocean Club? Share your experiences!