“Worth the trip”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Deli, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Katzinger's Delicatessen - Family owned and operated since 1984! Our sandwiches are really big - HUGE in fact. We know some of you can't eat that much so we also offer a smaller sandwich - we refer to it as Normal. All sandwiches come with a free help-yourself-from-the-pickle-barrel dill. Choose from traditional "old" or garlicky "new". And we offer plenty of freshly prepared-to-order salads and desserts to tempt you, too. You should leave Katzinger's wanting to come back again - and soon! We're very proud of our food - Black Angus corned beef prepared by Sy Ginsburg's United Meat and Deli using Sy's special secret ingredient ( many, many tons later and he still won't tell us what it is!)...Chickens raised by Amish families at Gerber Farms... Imported Emmentaler, the original Swiss cheese... Breads made especially for us and delivered daily by Mediterra Bakehouse in Pittsburgh and we hand slice every loaf... Bagels from Sammy's delivered fresh daily... Gluten free bread from Eban bakery of Grove City . Our mayo is Hellmann's. We oven roast our turkeys to moist perfection. We dress our roast beef with lots of garlic and rosemary and roast it to a beautifully pink medium rare. We marinate our brisket for 48 hours before slow roasting to fork tenderness. Our chicken, tuna and egg salads are made with memorable recipes. These are just a few of the fine ingredients we use to create the deli foods of Katzinger's Delicatissen.
Reviewed 25 June 2018

The sandwiches are outstanding, the latkes, knishes and noodle kugel are like bubba use to make. The chopped liver is to die for, it tastes like it is made with real schmaltz. They have barrels of fresh pickles, both sour and dill. Unlike the new deli in town, this is the real thing.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Outstanding sandwiches and fresh baked bread. The Turkey Ruben, Chicken Salad and #66 Roast Beef are delicious.
Try the pickles, garlic and dill .

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

The line is long, but moves fast. They have a really nice selection of cheeses while you’re in line. We opted for a pastrami Reuben with coleslaw, which my husband enjoyed. The bread was crispy and everything matched. I got a corned beef with sauerkraut and spicy mustard. I’m the NJ NY one, and while I thought it was a good sandwich, it was far from great. The meat was sliced deli thin, lacked its original juices (as would typically be order-able by wetness in a Jewish deli), and the outside meat was hot and the inside was cold, which sucks. The pickles have already been described as underwhelming in others’ reviews. They lacked depth of flavor. The bagels looked pretty good. I will say, their cinnamon rugelach was some of the best. Overall, it’s a nice place to have in Columbus.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

I stopped by a picked up a To Go order#34 Neal’s Let’s Make a Deal. Excellent sandwich. Rosemary and Garlic Roast Beef brisket w cheddar cheese, coleslaw and Russian dressing on toasted bread. A complimentary dill pickle rounded up my lunch. I brown bagged it over to Schiller’s Park and lunched there. It was creamy and delicious. Everything I had heard about the food was true. What I didn’t expect was the great selection of cheeses and chocolates. Next time I will bring a cooler and stock up for a more elegant picnic.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

I was in Columbus for only one night, and never like to eat at chains, so I found this place. Growing up in a Jewish home in NJ, I know my deli food. The menu was huge and had sandwiches with interesting names, named after people. I simply wanted a hot pastrami and corned beef on rye (of course, is there any other way?), with a little chopped liver. It was extremely good. Quite thick but not the obnoxious 8" or so you get sometimes for $20. Just thick enough. I did NOT see any deli mustard, which was very surprising, but to be fair, it could have been there. If not, they need to add brown mustard. I also had the matzo ball soup. I am very particular here and found it pretty good. Not great. Sorry, hard to explain, but certainly, pretty good. That's all I have and while I'm rarely in Columbus, I would certainly good back as there are so many things to try.