“Real Italian Pizza”

Ranked #398 of 2,255 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are the oldest Italian restaurant in Columbus and proud to have been serving our community for over 80 years. With homemade spaghetti, sauces, and pizza, we know there's something here you'll absolutely love. Don't have to time to eat in? Don't worry, we also offer take out and delivery for our customers on the go. Our Italian food features seafood, steaks, sandwiches, and more. On top of our vast Italian selection, we also feature American favorites like BBQ chicken. Our restaurant also features a wonderful banquet room that's great for retirement parties, dinner rehearsals, wedding rehearsals, and wedding showers. Grab the whole family and bring them to try the oldest Italian recipes in the city, where there's something for everybody.
Bexley
“Real Italian Pizza”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

TAT has the most authentic pizza in this area with truly wonderful crust. Try the sausage and mushroom pizza, it's delicious!

Visited January 2014

Westerville, Ohio
“Real mouth watering Italian cuisine to ring in the New Year”
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a New Years Eve dinner, delicious lasagna and Shrimp Scampi. Food/ fish is fresh, pasta delicious home made. We toasted the year with sweet Italian red wine. Staff is friendly, competent. The atmosphere is romantic, classy casual.

• Visited December 2013
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Awesome dinner after a long day of driving.”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We were greeted by the owner/host who shared a joke and a warm smile. Our server, Erika, was informed, friendly and so efficient. My husband and I shared lasagna and my daughter had a great Fettucine Alfredo. We were absolutely delighted with our meals and Rika's service. Heartily recommend Tat Ristorante.

• Visited August 2013
“Wonderful authentic Italian fare!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Homemade pasta noodles made the lasagna a special experience. The Italian wedding soup was scrumptious. We all loved our meals. Don't miss this incredible family run restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
Muncie, Indiana
“Worth the Money”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I am a former resident of Columbus and had always planned to get into this Eastside landmark, but never made it before I moved away years ago. Had heard lot of good things about the food in my time there.

Coming through Cols today near lunch time, we decided to finally give it a try.

Greeted and seated very quickly. Bus boy immediately set a third place at the table and presented the menus. By presented, I mean he opened the menu to the daily specials and handed them to each of us.

While the list of Sunday specials looked tempting, I knew I had to go to the regular offerings, just to see what folks had talked about so long ago. Everyone knows I am a little tight when it comes to lunch, but when I saw in excess of $12 for spaghetti, I paused, but it is vacation and it is not somewhere I will be hitting every week.

Our server was attentive without being overbearing; answering our questions and making sure our visit went well.

A basket of warm crusty bread with various spreads was on the table within minutes of being seated. Very good texture and just the right mix of chew and crust.

With your pasta order, you get soup AND salad. I had the minestrone, while the others had wedding soup. The minestrone was a great red broth with tender pasta, veggies and just the right amount of heat. Let you know you had eaten something spicy without damaging your tastebuds for the main event yet to come.

Salad was unremarkable, but large.

We all had the spaghetti with meatball and in retrospect, I wish each had ordered one of the three available sauces (meatball, meat, or marinara) so we could have compared--but the meatball was an excellent choice.

Reasonably large for a lunch size serving, it was a tender and juicy little morsel perched on top of the homemade noodles. I went to pick up my knife to cut into it and my son said his was fork tender. I went ahead and used the knife to separate it into several bite size pieces (8 or 10). Great texture, not overly spiced and definitely not overcooked.

As we were finishing our meal, our great server came out and told us dessert was also part of the service. (Sundays only) Rainbow sherbet or marble cake were offered. The sherbet looked good going by to other tables, but when was the last time you saw marble cake on a restaurant menu? Very good cake. Deep chocolate flavor swirled in the yellow base. Moist and just the right crumb to hold it together. Had what appeared to be a dark chocolate icing, but after the amount of soup/salad/bread/pasta I had just consumed, a couple of big forks of the cake and I was done--looking for a nap.

My wife and I both said we wished we had made time early in our marriage to get to this place. It would have been a regular stop, especially for something a little special. This is not a daily stop kind of place, but monthly or for celebrations, it is the place to get authentic Italian served with care and the oversight of a family that has been feeding folks for nearly a century.

• Visited July 2013