“Columbus, OH”

Ranked #5 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Cincinnati
“Columbus, OH”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

It ws a good experience. It was freezing cold in February and the parking lot was iced over, but the room warmed when we boosted the heat and we enjoyed watching the opening of the Sochi olympics while sipping provided coffee.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Avin A, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus/OSU, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Charlene H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our 24hr fully stocked coffee station. Hopefully we have an opportunity to host you again very soon, perhaps in warmer conditions!

614-488-1500 ext.603

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This hotel was wonderful. Very new. Staff was excellent and assisted in every way. Location was great. We were visiting on a business trip and was snowed in. The staff was very accomodating and allowed our small group to meet in the sitting area to conduct our meeting. Also recommended many places to eat that were within walking distance. I travel to Columbus a few times a year and will definitely be making this my new hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Avin A, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus/OSU, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Cayela W.

I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We are excited to see that you have chosen us to be your home away from home when your travels bring you to the Columbus area. Be sure to join us for our manager's reception next time you stay with us Monday - Thursday, 5:30-7:30 where we serve complimentary dinner, drinks including beer and wine, and a full salad bar prepared fresh daily! Thank you for taking the time to share your expeirence with us and we can't wait to welcome you back next time you're in Columbus, OH!

Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This Homewood Suites is only about 6 months old. The decor is fresh and modern. The rooms have full-sized refrigerators plus a two burner flat-top stove, microwave, and dishwasher. Housekeeping does an excellent job of taking care of your room during your stay. The staff are very professional, polite, and personable. They do their best to greet their guests by name and actually make you feel like you are home.

The only downside is their weekday dinners. The options on the calendar all sounded good, but did not actually taste very good. Hamburgers tasted like they had been heated in the microwave, vegetables were barely warm, and bread sticks were too hard. The upside is that they provide free wine and beer with dinner.

Room Tip: I always try to get a room on the top floor. Don't be discouraged if your room is by the elevat...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Flying_Angel69,

We truly appreciate your review of your most recent stay at our hotel. Being a brand new facility we are so grateful for feedback such as yours as it allows us to better improve our product for our guest's. I am so sorry to see that our complimentary dinner did not meet your expectations. I have taken your concerns to our General Manager and Head Dinner Chef so we can brainstorm ideas on how to resolve your concerns. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions I welcome you to contact me directly. I am glad to see many other aspects of your stay such as our contemporary decor, friendly staff and detail oriented housekeeping team exceeded your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again very soon!

Murrieta, United States
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is one of the nicest hotels i have stayed in. Rooms were clean, Staff were friendly. Great Place to stay. Within about a mile of Ohio State University, the location was perfect. Breakfast was hot and very tasty with a good selection.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Todd G.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with us! I am so happy to see that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. Being just minutes away from The Ohio State University definitely has its perks! Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you and your family again the very next time your travels bring you to Columbus, Ohio!

Columbus, United States
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I had to stay here after my apartment flooded and I was here for 3 weeks. The staff was amazing! They were very helpful with any need, and they were quick to respond to any and everything. The rooms were spacious and spotless. The continental breakfast was delicious and served with a smile! Dinner Monday through Thursday was always well appreciated and very tasty. The location also can't be beat--across the street from Whole Foods, restaurants, and shopping as well as near to major highways for ease of travel into downtown. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who asked!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Avin A, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus/OSU, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear Jennifer W,

Thank you for recent stay at our Homewood Suites by Hilton. I am truly happy to know our location was your preferred choice for lodging while moving to a new apartment. In addition, I am very glad to know that our staff provided excellent service and exceeded your expectations! It is wonderful to know that our hard work and dedication is recognized, and I will share your wonderful feedback to each department. Your high recommendation is kindly appreciated as well!

Thank you once again for your kind words and taking the time to complete this review. Should you or your family need a place to stay in future, our Homewood Suites is here to welcome you back to your Home away from Home!

Akron, United States
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The Hotel and staff were by far the best I've experience. The decor is fabulous. The breakfast could use some improvements. Omlettes were fake eggs formed into omlettes and over cooked. I asked for a boiled egg and plain instant oatmeal and those items were not availbable. The wait person at the breakfast appeared rush and not wanting to be bothered.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Avin A, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus/OSU, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Darletta R,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry to see that our complimentary breakfast fell short of your expectations. Here at the Homewood Suites-Columbus/OSU we value feedback such as yours as it allows us to better improve the quality of our product for our guest's. I have discussed your concerns with our General Manager and we plan to implement many new tactics to help improve our breakfast products and services. If you would like to discuss this issue further with me I would love to hear any ideas or suggestions you may have, please feel free to contact me directly at avin.abbas@hilton.com.

Again, we apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us and hope to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This hotel was perfectly located across the street from Whole Foods Market and a French bakery/cafe - a GREAT walking hotel. The fitness center was pristine, as was the room (which I might add is better than any flat I've ever lived). The staff was very friendly and helpful - I'll be back again soon!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Courtney S,

Wow! Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review about our hotel! Here at the Homewood Suites-Columbus/OSU our spacious accommodations and top of the line gym are just a few amenities that allow us to add value for our guests. I am so happy to see that you were able to also take advantage of our super close proximity to the Whole Foods right across the street! On behalf of my entire team and I we look forward to seeing you again very soon!