“Lovely Hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus/OSU
Ranked #6 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations. Wonderful staff, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was very accommodating and great to work with, when I needed to extend my stay, they took care of me. The only issue I had was noise, the first night, the people above us was making an obnoxious amount of noise, the manager took care of it immediately and moved my room the next night. The last 2 nights the person above me was extremely noisy, not sure what can be done about that except ask for the top floor next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Reviewed 17 April 2014

My large family stayed overnight at this hotel and we loved it. Will recommend this hotel to anyone with a large family to take advantage of the 1 bedroom suite. We were so happy to enjoy the same living space because normally we would have to be in separate hotel rooms. We got a chance to cook a family dinner which was nicer than spending a lot at a restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel over the weekend and it is absolutely beautiful; very contemporary and CLEAN. It's nestled in the beautiful neighborhood of Upper Arlington. The suites looked more like apartments with a nice small kitchen, living, and sleeping quarters. Nice touch with a ceiling fan above the bed. The beds were quite cozy too. The bathroom only had a shower and no tub, but that was fine. The only issue we had was that the air conditioning kept kicking on by itself and there was no way to turn it off. This is a new hotel and they are still trying to work out the kinks. We received a reduction on our bill for this inconvenience. The staff was very polite. Breakfast in the morning was so-so with the typical continental items with the inclusion of a few hot items. That morning it was sausage breakfast sandwiches and biscuits with sausage gravy. Whole Foods and a small shopping strip is across the street and there is a very good French bakery/bistro across the street. There are a few restaurants near by. Some reviewers commented that there weren't many places to eat near the hotel, but there are if you drive a little further around the area. Columbus has tons of wonderful restaurants and shopping outlets. This hotel is 20 minutes from many different popular shopping districts/malls like Easton and the Mall at Tuttle Crossing. It's also 20 minutes from the famous Thurman's Cafe. I would stay here again. It was a nice experience.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel with an excellent staff. The rooms were very modern and extremely clean. This hotel is right across the street from a grocery store and a strip mall. I loved it all and wull most certainly be back.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Hy husband and I just spent out first trip of many to come at Homewood Suites OSU THe facilities were clean, and the staff was outstanding I didn't ake any outrageous requests, but the answer to all of my requests was always a "yes".

Shuttle to the hospital was clean and on time.

Buffet breakfast and dinner are included. They are not gourmet, and there isn't much choice, but it is nourishment, and we didn't have to cook it.

Across from the hotel is a Whole Foods and an outdoor mall. There isnt really anything else in the area, but I didn't spend too much time looking as we were there for the hospital.

Each suite has a kitchen with fridge, microwave, coffee pot and cook top. Downstairs coffee is available 24/7 and this came in very handy. There are 3 carafes. Regular coffee, decaf and hot water. Great for us.

We will be staying there 2 nights a week for the next 6 weeks, and are looking forward to the comfort they offer.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed for two nights while I went Ohio State Medical Center for treatment. The hotel is only a 10 minute shuttle ride/drive from the hospital and a $33 cab ride from the airport. The hotel is almost brand new (9 months old) So it is still shiny and clean. It also doesn't have all of the usual wear and tear that hotels get as they age. The staff is excellent and very friendly and helpful. Our check-in was very smooth and quick. One of the quickest check-ins I have had, even though we had to search for the desk person as they had ducked into a back room right before we arrived. The hotel has a pool, which we did not try, but no hot tub or sauna.

The rooms are quite nice and are large. Even the studio we stayed in was quite large. It came with a kitchenette that had a stove top, microwave, dishwasher and fridge. All dishes, cutlery and cookware was there as well. The TV was a 42" HDTV and the came with more channels than you get at most hotels. The only issue you might have is that there was no tub, only a large shower. For me that is not a problem as I shower most often and the tub lip is difficult to manage.

On the days we were there, breakfast and dinner were included. The dinners were homey and change daily. If you tend to make pre-packaged food at home, then you would find this homey. There is a small salad bar as well as complimentary beer and wine. They will not win any awards for the food, but it was decent and did satisfy. The breakfast was the same, though there was a bit more variety than at dinner.

Across the street there is an outdoor mall that has a Whole Foods. There are a number of restaurants nearby as well, but we did not try those. There is also an ice cream parlor half a block away which we will try when we return again next week.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Our experience was wonderful. My son loved this hotel. It had a swimming pool although it is small. But we really enjoyed. Parking was free in their garage. It was very clean, and had a large refrigerator. It is a 7 month old building. There were many stores cross street, including Whole food.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family