“Forgotten gem”

J Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 2,321 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Campus View and North High Street
Reviewed 3 November 2013

It has been a number of years since we have dined here. I had forgotten just how great the menu is, and how good the food is here. I don't eat meat, and there is an abundance of options for me here. The food presentation, service, quality were all excellent. I think the price for what we got was quite fair. We will definitely come back!

1  Thank Charles L

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Outstanding experience! One of the best meals we had in Columbus. When you order a Martini you get a side car with a second Martini on the side, that was a pleasant surprise! The server was very attentive the entire time and answered all of our questions. The meals were excellent and the portions were the biggest we'd seen on this trip. Very impressive!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I had a 8oz filet which was good but not great. Somewhat of a upscale place with low lighting and good service.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I love eating Prime Rib. J Alexander's was the best Prime Rib I have ever had!!! It came with smash potatoes that were also very good. i will go back again.

Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Went to J Alexander's for the first time based on Trip Advisor reviews and was not disappointed. Service was very professional and reasonably quick. Decor was nice if not a bit heavy on the wood beams.

The food overall was better than good but not great. The small house green salad was really good. The prime rib was a little disappointing as it was a bit in the tough side (but still good enough for me to eat the whole thing).

One complaint is that I had to ask for bread - but a small complaint that is.

I will go again and I would recommend you give it a try.

With love from MN

Been to J Alexander's Restaurant? Share your experiences!