“Wonderful place to eat! ”

Fujiyama Steak House of Japan
Ranked #1,194 of 2,276 Restaurants in Columbus
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

If you're in Columbus, and you like good food... you must try Fujiyama. They have the best salad dressing I've ever had, and you can buy a bottle or two to take home! If you are planning an event, consider having it there, We had our wedding dinner there and they were so accommodating. I just can't say enough good things about Fujiyama! Try the seafood dinner... it's amazing!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I had the seafood dinner. Started with the soup...it was ok. I have had better and worse. Next came the salad. The dressing was interesting in that it wasn't the standard orange ginger. It was a mayo base flavored with toasted sesami oil. The salad itself was all iceberg. The shrimp were of o k size and flavor. The lobster tail was about the right size too, though it wasn't as sweet as I would have liked. The scallops were ok.

What stood out was the service. I was in the area on business eating alone and I appreciated the warm service. I'd return just for that.

1  Thank CJPlano
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

I go to this place walking about a mile and a half from my office in order to be ready to enjoy the great experience, at the end I have to walk back and I have the chance to get ready to work without feeling heavy after such a joyful meal! a must place to go!

My only complaint could be that it looks like a 1980 time frame place, some new furniture is required!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I love this restaurant, I go back again & again. I always go for lunch. They have a nice selection & the prices on the lunch menu are very reasonable. Their salad dressing is to die for and their dipping sauces are outstanding also. They are always very friendly & accommodating Love Fujiyama!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I've been to a few Japanese Steakhouse types of restaurants and I'll have to say that this one is better than most.

The building looks like it has been here for a while without any major renovations in the last 30 years (looks like a Benihana from the seventies or eighties).

The seating areas are circular, with curved, hoodless griddle areas which are smaller than most modern rectangular ones.

The skilled chef does a good "show" with a few "big flame" spectacles (you can really feel the heat).

Most dinners are in the $16. to $30. range.

The food was good (I ordered the steak and chicken dinner for around $23.) Two sauces were served. A darker ginger sauce and a lighter, creamier sauce. Both were good. I didn't order the fried rice at extra cost, yet was still served some Those that ordered the fried rice got smallish bowls, packed tight, then the bowls were flipped as part of the "show". Good job. The veggie portions of the meal included a good mix of tasty items.

About the only complaint I might have, was that the chicken portion of my meal was a bit overcooked and hard.

I'd recommend trying this place.

Been to Fujiyama Steak House of Japan? Share your experiences!