“So many flavors, with no attitude to try all of them!”

Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams
Ranked #13 of 54 Dessert in Columbus
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: As historic High Street bisects Columbus in the northern reaches of the city, the storied thoroughfare takes you to the wonderful Clintonville neighborhood. We're proud to call the pedestrian-friendly area, packed with thriving restaurants, bookstores, coffeehouses, and marketplaces, home to our sixth location, which opened next to a true Columbus gem, Northstar Cafe, in October, 2010. Up with superlative ingredients.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

They seriously will let you try all the flavors if you wanted. And common courtesy is to purchase a cup (at least) but that shouldn't be an issue as there is something for everyone.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Every city has their favorite ice cream shop. In Columbus, this shop is called Jeni's, and they have several branches. I stopped at the one near the Convention Center on High Street. Flavors at the shop abounded and it was quite busy (a good sign). The reisling poached pear was very unique and flavorful. That being said, the ice cream wasn't knock-my-socks off good. It was good, to be sure, but my socks remain attached to my feet. If I'm in the area again on a hot summer evening, I'll definitely stop by again, but I don't think I'd add it as an itinerary item for the next time I'm in Columbus.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had some friends take us here on our business trip to Columbus. I love ice cream but I do consider myself a bit of a snob in terms of what I really love. There are so many different and unique flavors that tasting a few is necessary. My wife for instance had the, Goat Cheese and Cherries with another scoop or Lavender. I had the Salty Caramel with the Buckeye. This stuff is very flavorful and creamy. I would definitely recommend. It's not cheap but most ice cream places such as Coldstone aren't either.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We are among the many patrons that have been absolutely spoiled by Jeni's. The company's flavor combinations (pistachio honey, buckeye, brambleberry crisp, brown butter almond brittle) are divine. The shops give out unlimited samples, and I have found their pints in both Cincinnati and Indianapolis.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Wow. I really don't see the point in eating other ice cream after tasting Jeni's. The texture is luxurious and the flavors are intense. We were greeted so warmly upon arrival. The man serving us expressed his excitement when we told him we were first timers. He said, "We give unlimited samples." I love that. Their flavors are so different that I really wanted to try a few before deciding. He was so helpful and courteous. Sometimes people get snippy when you ask for any samples beyond two. I finally settled on salted caramel and milk chocolate, but I almost regret not getting wildberry lavender. Yes the servings are small, and yes, it's expensive. But for me it was worth it because of the quality and I thought the serving size was just right! Quality and service are very important to me in food and Jeni's reaches the highest level of both.