“Easy for Vegetarians, Vegans and GF to Order!”
Review of Betty's Fine Food and Spirits - CLOSED

Betty's Fine Food and Spirits
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The menu has a legend which makes it easy for Vegetarians, Vegans and GF to order. Soup of the day was a yummy, spicy veggie bean soup. Not a vegetarian restaurant ( they even serve pork, yuck!) but lots of good choices for me. I liked the warm mushroom salad with lots of garlic. P.S. Check the art work in the men and women's restaurant. It's a hoot!

There are newer reviews for Betty's Fine Food and Spirits

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I swing in here even when driving through, yumm. I love the wait, the tight seating, the decor and everything on the menu I've sampled. Some suggestions: anything pasta, cheese infused or soup-like. I've probably visited at least 10 times and have been served by the same 2 individuals, both wonderful. If I ran a place, I would want it to run like this.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Love being able to get priority club points EVERY time that I dine here...which is weekly. Love the selection of draft beers and the fact that they have cider on draft! Be sure to try to tuna noodle casserole, it is the best! The staff are always friendly. Be sure to get there early, the seating is limited but well worth the wait.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

This cheeky bar is very popular on weekends so you might find a wait list. If so, you can put your name down and stroll around and visit shops nearby for a bit. Food-wise, it's decent. I like the atmosphere and the bathroom decor is fabulous - at least the women's, I imagine the men's too. I give this place a PG-13 rating. My teen daughter loves it and the vintage pinups everywhere are fun. They make grape soda and have grown up versions of things like macaroni and cheese. It's just a good time.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

One of my favourite things to do in a new city is trying local restaraunts, and this was one chosen out of the dense High St. options based on the look of the outside and the packed tables on this inside. It is certainly a small restaurant but full of character - a nice bar, great food, local brews, and walls full of pin-ups (the George Washington pinup girl was my favourite).
They have plenty of vegetarian and vegan options which is always appreciated.

And if you like beer, this place had Three Floyds on tap! Fans of the brewery know finding Three Floyds outside of the Chicago and Indiana area is a treat (there was also plenty of other local brews). The lunch portions were generous with fresh and flavourful ingredients. The meatloaf sandwich was delicious, along with the homemade chips, and my partner's salad was substantial (the cucumber dressing was delicious). We were both full and enjoyed the leftover's the next day.

The food was great but the experience was even better, a great find in an area full of options.