“Best Homemade pub food in great DT location.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Betty's Fine Food and Spirits
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, International
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Boston
“Best Homemade pub food in great DT location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

By far the best pub food I've had in Columbus. Decor and food reminds me of grandmas house. I only gave it a 4 because of the decor (maybe time for a bit of a face lift), but the food was definitely a 5. Funky, home-like feel, food is reasonably price for the areas with standards like meatloaf (HOMEMADE), excellent veggie burritos, even up-scale grilled cheese. This is a small traditional pub but we brought the family and it was fine. Service was great and laid back ( no rushing us). I would definitely recommend and would go back again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Perfect chill downtown location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I read and heard about the columbus food league and wanted to try one of their restaurants. Picked betty's and was at first a bit concerned when it looked like just another. Ar but was pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was conducive to conversation, warm, comfortable - almost as close to a british pub you can get here in the us.
Service and food were typical and tasty. Overall a nice place to meet friends and chat without having to shout over loud music.
I should add were there on a week night so it could be totally different on the weekend

• Visited June 2014
“Love, love, love”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Betty's was introduced to me for a casual business lunch. Brought my wife for her first visit today. We started with a spinach artichoke dip served with warm soft pita points. It was mild and tasty. Full of heart sections and topped with freshly diced tomato garnish. Betty's salad was huge although it kept them from a five star rating because there are only two dressing options. Who doesn't carry plain ranch? Service is top notch and the atmosphere is cozy. The veggie options abound and their black bean burger was great. Can't wait to introduce Betty's to a friend.

Mount Vernon, Ohio, United States
“Maybe not as good as it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

The service is good but the food is a little iffy. My wife had the mac and cheese which used to be very good but tonight it wasn't. I had the meatloaf with garlic mashed potatoes. The meatloaf was ok and many people were ordering it, but it wasn't fantastic. The garlic potatoes had too much garlic for my taste.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Columbus, Ohio
“Good, but not as expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We had heard platitudes about Betty's from multiple sources (friends, acquaintances, reviews...) and thought we should try it out. It is basically a retro/diner comfort food place, in a prime location in Columbus' trendy Short North neighborhood. The decor has a semi-funky 40s feel about it, with fun photos and artifacts scattered about. Everyone insisted we must try the deviled eggs, so we did. They were good, but did not come close to those that my sister-in-law makes. Or those that I make, for that matter. Similarly, other dishes were good, but nothing special. So, if you're looking for a place for a (relatively) quick bite, this is an option.

• Visited September 2013