“Great food and service.”
Review of The Plaza Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

Good for: Groups
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd Street
Reed City, Michigan
“Great food and service.”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The roast beef hash was the best I've ever had. The service was very polite, and we didn't have to wait long for our food. It was a little more expensive than we're used to but worth it!

Visited June 2014

Charleston, West Virginia
“Not a great place for breakfast”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Ran out of bacon and food was just so-so. Waitress was friendly and apologetic - but still would not likely return.

Visited June 2013
Ohio
“A modern-day business hotel restaurant”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

My wife and I booked our reservation for The Plaza on OpenTable with no difficulty, taking advantage of the free valet parking for those taking in dinner before a show at the next-door Ohio Theatre. The Plaza is part of the Sheraton Hotel on Capitol Square, the hotel having changed hands from Hyatt to Sheraton.

The restaurant is a small second-floor, open dining room overlooking the State House and a small fountain plaza just outside the hotel. It's very quiet and pleasant.

The menu was about 1/4 flatbread (pizzas), 1/4 sandwiches, 1/4 salads/soups and 1/4 general dinner-style entrees. I think maybe one item on the menu was more than $20. I saw nothing suggesting a signature style or flair to the menu offerings. Pretty much standard fare that you could get...at most any decent hotel restaurant.

We had salads and split a flatbread. Both met our expectations. The attached lounge (which is as big as the restaurant) made very acceptable mixed drinks. The desserts - creme brulee and a lime cheescake - were again quite good. The service was outstanding, with a friendly and attentive waiter managing the small floor with ease.

I've come to the conclusion that this is what we get from major chain hotel restaurants. We get good (but not particularly memorable) food and strong service. That's what we got from The Plaza.

I'm not sure I'd go out of my way to eat there - Columbus has some incredible, unique places to eat - but I'd certainly not blink at making a reservation if I was staying at the hotel or was seeing a show at the Ohio Theatre. We didn't pay an exorbitant amount, got at least what we paid for and had the convenience of a nice night out at the theater.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank TheTravelingDad
colorado and ohio
“TERRIBLE”
Reviewed 20 June 2009

We went here to have a meal before a show at the Ohio - you think they would be prepared on these eveneings. We were told we couldn't sit in the restaurant because the service would take too long so we were seated in the bar and then we NEVER even saw a server. the hostess brought us water and bread and took our drink orders - but the drinks NEVER arrived and the bread was hard and stale - after waiting over 1/2 an hour with no server in sight we finally just left and went downstairs to the bar to have a glass of wine and some nachos - ugh- and dash over to the theatre. SHOCKINGLY bad!!! Its a good thing we had a good sense of humor.

1 Thank moac4
Concord, Ohio
“Very disappointed in Plaza Restaurant”
Reviewed 4 May 2009

We had Hyatt certificates to use, so we were basically forced to eat here or pay elsewhere. There were four of us and we ate dinner and breakfast at the Plaza.
The menu looks great when you first look at it, but when the food comes it disappoints. We waited 45 minutes to get our food, which was barely warm when it finally arrived. When I noticed other tables getting there food before us even though we were there longer, I questioned the server how much longer because we had a show to catch. She replied we had plenty of time, that everyone there had a show to catch.
I ordered the beef tenderloin special, which was very small and not flavorful. It was also stringy. Drinks were watered, even the tomato juice I had for breakfast the next day. The coffee was cold. We ordered bread pudding for dessert which came out room temperature and very doughy, not cooked through. The server tried to tell us that is how it was supposed to be, because it was bread "pudding". The breakfast sausages were hard and over cooked. The bill for a simple breakfast for four people came to over $80. Would definitely NOT recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank tahiti98