“Delicious Greek Food”

Ranked #72 of 2,275 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Happy Greek opened in 2003.
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We were looking for something different for dinner, once I spied the other reviews for the Happy Greek, as I thought Gyros sounded good. My friend had never had Greek food, but she was game to try. We went on a Sunday evening, the restaurant was small and quiet, which we enjoyed , so that we could actually carry on a conversation. We ordered the flaming cheese appetizer, the Gyro platter, the Lamb Tenderloin Pasta with the Chardonnay cream sauce, and baklava for dessert. Everything was delicious and my friend who hadn't had Greek food before cleaned her plate! Will likely visit again my next time in Columbus.

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Exploring the Short North we were here at lunchtime and stopped in. The beef/lamb gyro was perfect and large enough that I just ate the delicious innards. A mysterious and delicious white sauce used sparingly made this gyro the best and most unusual gyro I've ever had.

My wife had a Horiatiki Salata salad that she loved.

Opa!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I've eaten some wonderful Greek meals in Athens and Santorini... and now, Columbus? This is the best Greek food I've had in the U.S. ... All the flavors were fresh and spot-on... from the lentil soup to perfectly prepared lemon chicken, with a wonderful assortment of fresh vegetables. They have four different kinds of baklava... served warm with a swirl of cinnamon on the plate. The restaurant is cozy with an open kitchen and perhaps best of all, the waitress and hostess were incredibly friendly (and easy on the eyes). I can see why the Happy Greek consistently wins lots of "best of" awards in Ohio.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Refreshing simple Greek food. You can't go wrong eating here!
The servicer was overwhelmed with the unexpected business. Our side orders with our gyros were wrong and getting a refill on drink was challenging.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stopped here due to T/A reviews while visiting Columbus and were very happy we did. Every dish was excellent and our waitress was very friendly and efficient.

We started with vegetarian dolmades which were served warm with a nice rice/spice blend inside tender grape leaves. Very good oil and lemon over the top. For main courses we had the spicy gyro and charbroiled snapper. Both were delicious. I asked for the sauce on the side because I didn't want butter, and the chef prepared a different sauce with no butter on the side. Nice touch,

The spicy gyro was nicely spiced; hot enough without masking the meat. The snapper was flat out perfect. Tender and flaky. Sides and salads were fresh and tasty as well.

We drank soft drinks and refills were free and came often.

Prices were very fair considering the quality of the food.

A very good choice if you're in the area.