“Loved the BBQ, but not the sides”
Review of City Barbeque

City Barbeque
Ranked #52 of 2,300 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: The idea for City Barbeque was born as an invitation to all the people in the city to enjoy great barbeque- America's food. Our award-winning barbeque is made with only the highest quality meats and served with our signature sauces on the side. Huge smokers are loaded daily to guarantee the very best hickory smoked, juicy, tender meat anywhere. So if an authentic barbeque experience is what you're after, look no further. Small groups of folks like us still believe in honoring quality, generations of tradition and true service. Whether you call it barbecue, Bar-B-Que, BBQ, or barbeque - we've got what you are looking for!
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stopped into City BBQ for dinner while on a recent business trip in the area. The meats were excellent - I tried both the beef brisket and the smoked sausage and enjoyed both of them, especially the brisket. However, I was disappointed in the sides. I tried several and felt the mac & cheese lacked flavor, while the baked beans were too sweet and had a very strong molasses flavor. I'd go back for the meat, but skip the rest, so just a 3-rating.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I eat here very often. I figured I would finally put in my two cents worth on City Barbeque. I have lived in Columbus all of my life so I was excited a few years ago when City BBQ opened. After my first time eating there I could finally say we had some authentic BBQ in this town! I used to have to travel south for the quality that you get here. Here is a quick overview of my recent experience (typical for any other time I eat here, which is often.)

-You can't go wrong with any of the meats. Just pick what you like from the menu. They have an awesome beef brisket and their pork is great too. Well smoked and most of the time very tender and juicy. Occasionally you might get a fattier piece but it's still good, just marbled somewhat.
-The sides are a highlight. I love their mac n cheese and the green beans. The bbq beans are great too. Again, you can't go wrong here, just pick what suits your tastes, it will be good.
-Love their sweet tea!
The sauce bar is great. Their signature sauce is a little sweet but I love it. I always buy a bottle to take home for when I grill. In store they have the sauce in bottles and you can also get it heated for a alternative taste. Their pickles are killer too!
-I'm not one that's much for a regular sandwich bun, so I always get the texas toast instead, it's much better.

There are only a few negatives and they are relatively minor:
-This place is a bit pricey. You can get a steak dinner at some restaurants for what you will pay for a quick serve meal here, but no tip necessary!
-Sometimes its a bit messy in the eat-in area but they usually will clean it up when they slow down some.

In conclusion, eat here if you want some good bbq and not have to drive all the way to Texas!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

The wide variety of sauces are so delicious, not one bite is the same as the other. Always smells like a bar b q.....and staff seem to handle themselves well...great family gathering place so everyone is happy.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

The last few times we have purchased take out from CBB the meat has been completely dry. The pulled pork on December 8 was as dry as anything we have ever had. It was not tasty or juicy. This place used to be first rate, but they now charge more and deliver less. We are done with CBB.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

My husband and I just celebrated our 12th anniversary in Columbus and we are BIG BBQ fans, so we thought we'd look for a place and oh am I ever glad we did!!!!!! We found City Barbeque.....it was AWESOME!!!!!!! The ribs were killer, my husband LOVED the smoked sausage and the macaroni and cheese,I believe, was the best I've ever had!!!!!!!! If your ever in the area and want some FABULOUS BBQ, you need to stop by City Barbeque!!!!!!! You won't regret it.....enjoy :)