“Great place to eat.”

Ranked #57 of 2,222 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Mt Holly
“Great place to eat.”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I always frequent a good BBQ place when I can find one near my stay. While in Columbus, Ohio I went to City BBQ on Henderson Rd. and had the best Brisket sandwich. Nice place, service good, and food was great! Recommend you try it when in the area, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2014
Jordan F, Guest Relations Manager at City Barbeque, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thanks for the review, we're so glad to hear you enjoyed and hope to see you again when/if you make it back to the area!

evansville, in
“Very good BBQ”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I read several reviews on TripAdvisor and decided to give the place a try on vacation. My husband and son shared a rack of ribs and they said they were delicious. I had the pulled pork and loved it as well. My daughter had chicken and the portion was huge. It was a little on the pricey side but that is the only negative I can find about the place. We will visit next time we are in town.

• Visited July 2014
Thanks for the review and we hope to see you and your fam next time you're in town!
Wooster, Ohio
“Really good BBQ”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Second time I've eaten at a City BBQ. Really good brisket and ribs. Does tend to be a little on the pricey side but the food is delicious. My wife practically inhaled her ribs and said if she had known they were that good she would have ordered a whole rack. Give it a try sometime, there are several in Columbus

• Visited July 2014
Jordan F, Guest Relations Manager at City Barbeque, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thanks so much for the review! I'm glad she enjoyed the ribs, make sure to check out our rib bone Tuesdays where rib bones are $1.15 each. Definitely get her the whole rack next time, those ribs are beyond addicting! :)
“Out of Ribs, Forks & Patience ”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Why would a rib place be out of ribs at dinner time? "We are busy". OK, I will have pulled pork, watching a cook pull Saran Wrap off a "warm"smoked pork roast. Do you have a fork? "No, here's a little plastic one." Was my visitor from GA impressed? Incredulous is a better description. Would I bring an out of town guest here again? HA!

1 Thank OHCircuitRider
Jordan F, Guest Relations Manager at City Barbeque, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. I sincerely apologize for everything! We never want an uphappy guest! We do unfortunately run out of ribs, as they are smoked low & slow and so once we are out - new ones are not ready for 12-16 more hours. I will make sure the manager is aware of that situation and they better prepare for busy crowds! All of our meat is saran wrapped immediately after it is taken off of the smoker. They are then stored in our warmer until used. This is to lock in as much heat & moisture as possible. The fork situation is definitely not excusable, as they should have had plenty of clean forks available for you. Again, I will notify the manager of this situation. If you will allow, we would absolutely love to invite you back for a meal on the house. I really hope you will give us another chance. Please email me at jordan@citybbq.com with your mailing address as well as any other comments/concerns that need address. Again, we apologize and hope to regain your confidence in the future!

Thank you!
Youngstown, Ohio
“First trip-we'll be back!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We love bbq! At first we had a difficult time choosing, but it was made a little easier when we found out that they were out of ribs (huge bummer to the person that originated the stop for that very reason). Good excuse to go back though ;) Three of us had the pulled pork and really enjoyed it-loved how you could select your own sauce flavor (hot or cold) and two of the kids had chicken strips. Next time we will probably not take the non-bbq kids just so we can enjoy it a little more. The sides we had included with our ratings out of 5: bbq beans (4/5), hush puppies (5/5), green beans (4/5), mac n' cheese (4/5), corn pudding (2/5-not our fav, but other people raved), and cherry cobbler (5/5). We couldn't believe that no one ordered fries, but they did look good on the table next to us. Restaurant was clean and service staff was friendly.

• Visited July 2014
Jordan F, Guest Relations Manager at City Barbeque, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thanks so much for the review! Glad you enjoyed your visit :) Cherry Cobbler is brand new and TO DIE FOR. I just tried it the other day and now I am addicted! Be sure you try our hand-cut fries next time, they are one of my favorites. I always add cheese and bacon and it's perfect! Maybe not suuuuper health conscious... but hey, you only live once! See you next time!