“Years ago tour”

American Whistle Corp.
Ranked #11 of 23 Tours in Columbus
More attraction details
Owner description: America's last remaining whistle factory.
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My daughter's school toured here years ago and found it interesting and fun. They make whistles for important events and have some in their museum part. You can also tour the factor, or could back then. Their whistles were top notch and a good safety feature for women walking alone.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stumbled upon the American Whistle Factory tour when thumbing through a visitor's guide of the area. We decided it was something out of the ordinary to do and it sounded like fun. We called and arranged to be added to another group tour since there were only 2 of us. The customer service was amazing as we were called back right away and lined up after leaving a voice mail message.

The tour was given by the owner of the factory who talked about 5000 words a minute, but his excitement about sharing was contagious and I soon found myself excited about whistles as much as he was. Being a small business owner myself I enjoyed hearing some of the business aspects of the factory. The machines that are used to make the whistles will intrigue anyone who really takes a look at how complicated they are. It was a neat thing to see.

The only bad thing I have to say is that the we as well as the employees were HOT and were sitting in front of circular fans. I can't imagine working in this building everyday in the sumemrtime without any Air Conditioning. I decided the owner should provide some AC for his hard working workers and there might be a little bit more comfort and an increase in production levels.

My handy free whistle is now on my keychain. I hope I never have to use it for security reasons, but it is a happy reminder of a fun hour we spent when visiting this area.

1  Thank liberty112
Reviewed 26 September 2012

This is an excellent tour of a whistle manufacturing plant. The only metal whistle factory in the United State. The guide was extremely informative and gave great information on the tour, as well as answering questions. We were with a group of first graders and she was very good with them and answered all their questions and was very patient with them.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

It was a wide-open factory, small in size, that was operating while we had our guided tour. Learned a lot and was amazed to discover it was the only metal whistle factory in the USA. I proudly purchased and wear the t-shirt stating just that!

2  Thank Nada M
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Not at all good for younger kids...my son had questions, and the man who conducted the tour wasn't patient or kind with him. It was blazing hot in there (we went in the summer). I was fairly bored. wouldn't recommend.

1  Thank PRStrategist